Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Suplexing the glass ceiling of wrestling (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Rachel (played by MagicMuffin)

I wanna do an RP centered around Rachel's attempts to join and conquer the wrestling club at her school. The trouble is, not enough girls expressed interest, so there is no girls club and she has to compete with the boys, which isn't really supported by anyone, including her parents. None-the-less, she intends to give it her best shot.

The details are negotiable. If you also wanted to play a competitor, that's fine! My default position is that Rachel should struggle at a disadvantage. So she actually has to lose and deal with doubting herself at times. There should be personal conflicts, rivals, heels, fans, haters, and goofy performances in the style of western wrestling. It could also be martial arts instead of western style wrestling, or sumo-style wrestling. It's possible to keep it within the school or go professional. If you wanted to up the cartoonishness or add magic and supernatural stuff, or some kind of outside plot that also needs to be dealt with that's fine!

You could play Rachel's friend, rival, tutor--or just the world around her. Ultimately the goal is for Rachel to achieve some sort of victory in her own way, whether that be some impressive wins, some powerful personal relationships, inspiring enough other girls that a girls club forms and she doesn't have to fight the boys anymore, or becoming an idol esque star and starting a career. Or discovering some hidden power that enables her to win! I'm also open to just random one on one fights for fun.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: adjustable length posts, Will be played one-on-one.

I can play her uncle, a US army ranger who can coach her. Being that he's a combat veteran, his approach may be, to put it lightly, unorthodox
Rachel (played by MagicMuffin) Topic Starter

VoliminalVerse wrote:
I can play her uncle, a US army ranger who can coach her. Being that he's a combat veteran, his approach may be, to put it lightly, unorthodox

It's worth noting that Rachel is Japanese. As in she lives in Japan. Not that that's an issue or anything. People move. I ... think you can be a citizen in two countries? We can definitely make it work. I just wanted to make sure we don't plan an RP in two separate countries without realizing it until later. xD

So he'd kind of be a tough guy who'll want to push her harder than she can handle in the hopes she'll grow into it eventually? That sounds like it could be fun! Call me interested.
You asked me to respond. I could say that my character is stationed there and my character and your character's parents became friends and your character could sort of look up to mine and my character looks after yours.
Seth McAllen (played by VoliminalVerse)

This is the army ranger character.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Suplexing the glass ceiling of wrestling (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus