Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Business (Connection Type)

i think it'd be really cool if we could set other characters as 'business' since there isn't a section for that? a new connection option would be absolutely lovely!! for those connections that aren't really friends but they're not really acquaintances either
I second this! Or atleast give us the option to add a new connection type outside the four other ones, where we can just name them what they are.
Ohh, I think a customizable option could be neat.
How is a business connection not an acquaintance...?
Rowboat Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
How is a business connection not an acquaintance...?

because if you’re doing business with someone you’re more familiar than just acquaintances

EDIT: it’s also nice to clarify ooc who your character is working with and having them separated from all the people your character has met in passing helps them not get lost
Kim Site Admin

Rook wrote:
I second this! Or atleast give us the option to add a new connection type outside the four other ones, where we can just name them what they are.

In the past I have been very hesitant to add a custom category for relationships, as relationships appear outside of character profiles such as in homepage notifications, and that would mean the mods need to be involved in them. You can probably imagine some character relationship categories that would be... kinda blue to read without a warning.
Rowboat Topic Starter

oh yeah custom connections would be a huge can of worms. i'm mostly interested in a specific connection for business partners
Kim wrote:
Rook wrote:

In the past I have been very hesitant to add a custom category for relationships, as relationships appear outside of character profiles such as in homepage notifications, and that would mean the mods need to be involved in them. You can probably imagine some character relationship categories that would be... kinda blue to read without a warning.

Could have the dashboard notification as “character A is now connected to character B” for custom connections, keeping it vague and allowing the customization to be purely on the profile itself, which would have warnings if needed.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Business (Connection Type)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus