Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Not getting push notifications

Anyone else having issues getting push notifications? I have on and off had issues with getting them. When it starts to wonk out on me, I remove whatever device is having issues and re-add it. I thought maybe clearing out my caches would solve the problem, but no dice.

I have just my laptop and phone connected to RPR, but my phone has the shortcut added on my homescreen so I can't necessarily clear the caches from it.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Push notifications are on ongoing issue. You can indeed redo the setup to get it to work temporarily again, but it'll inevitably start failing again.

As I recall, this is mostly because of how things work outside of Kim's control. She does have plans to redo the system to work better with that stuff outside her control, but it's currently a lower priority than some other fixes and features.
macetheace Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Push notifications are on ongoing issue. You can indeed redo the setup to get it to work temporarily again, but it'll inevitably start failing again.

As I recall, this is mostly because of how things work outside of Kim's control. She does have plans to redo the system to work better with that stuff outside her control, but it's currently a lower priority than some other fixes and features.

Ahh okay. Was just making sure I wasn't the only one (and only after I post this do I realize there's a pinned topic about it 😤) thanks!
Kim Site Admin

The pinned topic is just about what appears on the homepage here, not the actual push notifications, so never fear, you didn't miss anything! :)

We've been working basically all year on a replacement system for the current push notifications setup to try and get around the way the connections randomly expire. I'm really hoping we're able to install it in December. In the meanwhile, unfortunately, you have to disconnect and reconnect your push notifications when this starts happening. =/

You are on: Forums » Help » Not getting push notifications

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus