Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A Solum Cross(Medieval dark fantasy) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Solum was always a quiet place, set deep within Mori Forest hidden far away from most of civilization. Locked in perpetual winter and lacking much sunlight because of it's location, it's a wonder anyone chose to live there willingly. It's not a surprise that the villagers who lived there had estranged personalities which reflected their ways of living. It was only recently those stories changed.

Only a few people have been there since the change, but each of them vows not to return regardless of what business they had there. The townsfolk are....different, and not the usual different one came to expect from Solum. The smell of death is strong in the air, and while the villagers still persist, they too reek of the same foul smell. With pale skin, and glossed over and colorless eyes, they stare at visitors strangely and expressionlessly, going about their business in much slower, almost more confused motions. Whatever it is, only a mad man would return and risk falling under the same spell.

Then word reaches your ears about Camilla Cross....

So I made a new character, Isabella Cross, and I've decided what I would like to do is run a one-shot/possible long term rp to help fill out her goals in life, and perhaps a little more of her personality. I am hoping someone out there will help me to do this. This rp could very well act as a kind of prelude to a more major story later on.

What I am looking for for this rp is an individual or individuals (possibly?) who need something from a dark witch, it could be anything a witch practicing black magic could provide. An enchantment, a spell, directions to starbucks (that evil place) whatever your character might need that she could provide. If anyone has questions about what might qualify feel free to ask, I'll likely be pretty lenient on what's being searched for, but whatever it is should be appropriate for the rp, and players should know the item/knowledge you seek will likely set the pace/tone for the rp. That being said, I was
kidding about starbucks (the directions part, I stand by that it's evil).

I would like for this rp to start with players character(s) arriving in Solum, as a starter I can lay down some groundwork for the town, then your characters can provide some background in a starter and proceed in, but what they find in the village won't be exactly what they expect.

For this RP you must be willing to RP with child characters, I myself am well over the age of 18, however my character bears far more youth than I do.

While I would really prefer a 1x1, I may consider a group, depending on the players and characters involved. I really don't want it to die out in one or two posts apiece which is my given history with groups so I am naturally reluctant with them.

I'd strongly prefer characters who have some kind of back story to them, mary/gary sue characters I feel don't bring enough depth and plot problems with them.

There is unlikely to be any romance in this rp, there certainly won't be with Isabella at least. That being said if somehow two characters head that direction I'm okay with it (npc or group settings etc). Sexual scenes are not welcome and FTB is necessary, but I'd rather this rp strayed from that topic entirely.

While I am posting this as a one-shot for character building, if the rp goes in a direction we are both very much enjoying, I am willing to extend it to long term for indefinite fun.

OOC discussions and IC rp will happen in different pms, and this rp as a whole will occur in pms.

Please discuss things with me OOC, you are even welcome to tell me about your favorite food, tv show, or even starbucks drink XD I'm friendly and like making friends! If you're not comfortable with personal discussions I can accept that, but I do insist that we collaborate over the rp together, after all, it's both of our stories. :)

No godmodding - My characters are mine and yours are yours, this respect is something you will receive mutually from me

No powerplaying - My characters have strength to them and so do yours, My characters have weaknesses to them and so do yours. Nothing ruins an rp faster than someone who wants to play the all powerful.

No one liners - while I am accepting of shorter posts on occasion, I feel it's only decent to leave something for the next person to work with. That being said I've never seen a one liner accomplish that.

If you're interested, post on this subject and send me a pm...Please in either place include a character and some idea of what your character might be looking for from Camilla (the dark witch).
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

I want to be the other player. I don’t know what my character wants but I like too make ideas as I go on. I hope this is ok. If you look at the description for me. This is the backstory for the character. I hope it’s not too late!

rolled 5d6 and got 18

Isabella Cross (played by Alien_Princess) Topic Starter

Grace Taylor wrote:
I want to be the other player. I don’t know what my character wants but I like too make ideas as I go on. I hope this is ok. If you look at the description for me. This is the backstory for the character. I hope it’s not too late!

This character seems fine for this rp in particular I think, though I'll have a couple questions and would like to toss a few ideas back and forth. PM me when you're able to.

As far as creating ideas as we go, this rp is a great palate for just that.
I really like this prompt, I hope I can fill in my new character to an acceptable level before you get tired of the idea XD This summer marks my attempt to return to RP after a really long hiatus so I’m probably rusty too. But hey, I’m here to say I’m interested.
Sooky (played by 6ftslug)

I think this is a perfect rp for Luce! They're a necromancer themself (modified for both Harry Potter and World of Warcraft, so flexible in magic rules). Their interaction can take place in Luce's early twenties as they're entrenched in their global search for necromantic knowledge. I think I can even say what exactly it is they're interested in and why! Generally speaking, however, they're looking for some sort of reading (I'm assuming her special death book might be hard to check out :p), apprenticeship, or key to unlocking further knowledge if nothing else.
Due to work and mental health, and this being the first interaction I've had regarding forum rp (I generally stick to in-game WoW rp, and I'm not sure if Tumblr counts), I cannot guarantee perfect punctuality, but I will try my best!

SunnyD wrote:
I really like this prompt, I hope I can fill in my new character to an acceptable level before you get tired of the idea XD This summer marks my attempt to return to RP after a really long hiatus so I’m probably rusty too. But hey, I’m here to say I’m interested.

No problem on any of that really, so far this idea hasn't much taken off on anyone so I still have a deep desire to do something with it. Looks like you have one blank character page but I believe you page said most of your characters were anon, so when you're ready to discuss who you might want to bring pm me and we can talk about this :)
Sooky wrote:
I think this is a perfect rp for Luce! They're a necromancer themself (modified for both Harry Potter and World of Warcraft, so flexible in magic rules). Their interaction can take place in Luce's early twenties as they're entrenched in their global search for necromantic knowledge. I think I can even say what exactly it is they're interested in and why! Generally speaking, however, they're looking for some sort of reading (I'm assuming her special death book might be hard to check out :p), apprenticeship, or key to unlocking further knowledge if nothing else.
Due to work and mental health, and this being the first interaction I've had regarding forum rp (I generally stick to in-game WoW rp, and I'm not sure if Tumblr counts), I cannot guarantee perfect punctuality, but I will try my best!

Ooo another necromancer <3 I did get your pm and I'll be responding to it shortly after I check out your profile and character.
Not sure if you are still maintaining this, but I'd like to participate. You may check my profile, and see the only character I have currently, we can discuss in PMs the baseline for a plot and perhaps toss ideas back and forth between each other. If you ARE still hosting this, that is.

HoarfrostWicken wrote:
Not sure if you are still maintaining this, but I'd like to participate. You may check my profile, and see the only character I have currently, we can discuss in PMs the baseline for a plot and perhaps toss ideas back and forth between each other. If you ARE still hosting this, that is.

Sorry for the delay, recovering from a family emergency and it had me a bit stalled there for the past weekish

I am definately still looking on this. I know it was posted a while back now but I've been renewing it as so far nothing has panned out.

I'll have to go to sleep here shortly but PM me what ideas you have and we can discuss what you have in mind :)
Nobody (played anonymously)

Soo... Uh. Here I go.

So, These are my characters, and before you say that it looks like there's only one, there are four, two of them done, the other two not really. I'm really interested in the idea and I've been trying to get into Longer Roleplays, since I have the tendency to shorten things when they get... dull or I run out of things to do/say.

I can tell you what they'd want, not sure if they are a whole Polyamorous thing yet, since I get a feeling that Roman would feel something for Tommy and him knowing Tommy has a thing with Nobody would cause a mess and--- I'm still trying to figure it out myself. What isn't writen down on the other two characters isn't really a problem, as I could give descriptions and backstories easily and have them slowly develop before you so you technically 'know' them, as weird as it sounds.

I am really fine with roleplaying as multiple characters and seeing their dinamics not only with the others but with eachother.

Tommy and Nobody are kind of a thing, but Roman is ki d of crashing the party in my head rn and Dante's being weird too and I think I want to play around with those factors if that is alright with you, as me shipping my chars with someone else's doesn't always end well for me.

I feel more comfortable roleplaying as my anonymous characters, so sorry if it unnerves you or makes you feel slightly uncomfortable, but I am very open and like ooc chatting so I'm just shy when it comes to my prof.

The characters all have their issues and problems... and they also have some... dirt I should really be figuring out.

If you need to know, which you do, all of them exept Nobody are Depressed, they have Depression and deal with it in different ways, and their issues aren't everything so I hope that they don't come off as iffy. Some of them also have different issues with themselves like Insomnio, Anxiety and eating disorders (I think all three boys have that last one)

Hopefully you don't feel weirded out because of my characters or anything and that I manage not to scare you off :blue: I just so happen to be better at roleplaying broken or hurt characters and wish to be able to portray them well, I hope.

What you have doesnt weird me out or scare me off, though I would say I dont think it would be fitting for this rp in particular.
Ooh, this has certainly caught my attention! if you're still open for more people, I'd like to volunteer with my character, Jeaveron!

He has a backstory to him, but you can always PM me about more of his details! I've actually had a thread about him in which he was looking for a person, be it a witch, wizard, some kind of knowledgeable and powerful sage, that could provide him with some sort of power or magic. Since you're looking for that kind of character, I instantly thought that Jeaveron could be the character of best fit!

I'm very flexible as a writer, and I can write from multi-para to novella. I can also assure you my character is okay with younger characters like children.

If you have any questions, my PM/DMs are always open! : D I hope to hear from you soon! <3

Yes I'm still open to running this with more people. PM me with the ideas you have for the rp and we can discuss things....
The Hero (played by jpdelta)

So I’ve been sitting here feeling kind of giddy for a bit now and am now really excited, you are getting a PM from me for sure.
Meepo Silvereyes (played anonymously)

I saw the post and considered the idea of my kobold coming to this place. Probably heard about the witch and feels she could point her in the direction of some ruins or an old, ancient burial chamber to seek out artifacts or items of power. Not for his own gain, but just in general. He loves to explore, and finding someone who knows about some unknown things to him would be quite thrilling. He's adventurous and very kind, and probably could give some magickal trade in exchange for information! Being an artificer and archaeologist work hand in hand, so maybe they could get along? I'd be happy to talk about more plot points soon :3

Meepo is an awesome little character who looks perfect for this rp. I'd love to discuss more about this with you :D

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A Solum Cross(Medieval dark fantasy) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus