Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Nickname(s) Suggestions?

MasterWinter

Hiya all, Winter here.

So. In a previous topic I was asking for the opinion of elderly men. And if you did look at it, you knew I was working on an elder male OC for rp. Yes I am still working on him, slowly but surely.

I'm wanting to have a nickname or two for my guy, that he could have already. Especially by some old bud's of his from the service.

Without going into great detail, so not to spoil my OC before he's finished, here's some things about my OC I can tell you to help with the nicknames.

Race/Species: Werebear, specifically grizzly

Scars: One over part of the left side of his face and over his eye, which is always shut as a result. Has other scars all over his arms and upper torso.

Symbolism: Bears symbolize warrior spirit and courage to fight.

Habit: When he has to stay in the hospital for any length of time, and someone recognizes him, he gets flustered, face palms himself, and groans over the fact that someone knows him so well while he is stuck in the hospital.

Job/Occupation: Swedish Armed Forces (Former)

Also just in case you need a reference as to what he looks like, I'm using Reinhardt from Overwatch. No armor suit. Just Reinhardt in either street clothes, or in some rare images of him in a suit.

Reinhardt looks

EuQhrkI.jpg

1hCa1UJ.jpg

oS93UrP.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Bumping. I am still interested in suggestions. ^-^
Hmm...well, given with a bear theme, I can think of a few bear themed nicknames. Idk how great they’ll be.

Ursa is Latin for bear. You could do just Ursa, Ursa Minor (a joke given how big and buff he his), or Ursa Major (kinda another joke, given that he served in the armed forces.)

There’s also the Swedish word for bear, Björn.

Or, if you wanted to go nerdy, Beorn, the bear shapeshifter from the Hobbit. XD

I don’t know a whole lot of his personality; but you could do Teddy, joke or no.

That’s the best I’ve got...I’m sorry I couldn’t give something super great. But hopefully, at the very least, they offer some inspiration!
I like the idea of “Fluffy” . Just something he grows a bit red at, because it’s embarrassing. It’s something that is “fun teasing”?
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Lady_Istyar's post
Lady_Istyar wrote:
Hmm...well, given with a bear theme, I can think of a few bear themed nicknames. Idk how great they’ll be.

Ursa is Latin for bear. You could do just Ursa, Ursa Minor (a joke given how big and buff he his), or Ursa Major (kinda another joke, given that he served in the armed forces.)

There’s also the Swedish word for bear, Björn.

Or, if you wanted to go nerdy, Beorn, the bear shapeshifter from the Hobbit. XD

I don’t know a whole lot of his personality; but you could do Teddy, joke or no.

That’s the best I’ve got...I’m sorry I couldn’t give something super great. But hopefully, at the very least, they offer some inspiration!

I do have Björn as his first name, thank you! ^-^

omg! Ursa Minor and Teddy! YES! YES! XD Björn is a gentle giant at times, but other wise he tries to be the big gruff guy. So it would be funny if he was called those things, especially a teddy! -snickers- Thank you!
8_Stars_8 wrote:
I like the idea of “Fluffy” . Just something he grows a bit red at, because it’s embarrassing. It’s something that is “fun teasing”?

Pfffttt, Fluffy...!

mT1dML9.gif

LOVE it! Will use all of these! Thank you so much, the both of you! ^-^

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Nickname(s) Suggestions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus