Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A newcomer

Hello there!
My username is Spark, something I chose matching a part of my personality. If you get to know me better, I might tell you my actual name, but for now it is Spark.

I have been writing for about...6 years? That's at least how long ago I became interested in it. In the beginning, I worked on (oftentimes elaborate and long) fanfictions, and on my first original story about two years later, although I never finished them.

It is only in the beginning of this year that I have begun serious writing. I worked on my first ever roleplay around February, and started two months after that on another forum site. This roleplay has been taken down sadly due to an event involving a member who commented on there getting banned. Now, here I am, to revise and improve it, to continue it and perhaps make even more roleplays here in the future!

I am also working on my very first novel! Man don't I just love writing!?

As a person, you will find me to be quite the dreamer. I keep fantasizing and creating spectacular worlds and stories in my head, which is why I love writing so much: to put thoughts into actual, tangible words.

I am a experienced and frequent gamer, I like to dabble in art, love reading up on science and it's discoveries, have a deep wonderment for the universe and I enjoy serving for the common good.

Well, I think that's enough. You guys can get to know better overtime.
Again, salutations to everyone
Hi Spark!! Welcome to RPR! I'm glad you found the site! I hope you have fun here! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready to start looking for roleplay partners!
Welcome to the RP Repository, Spark! :)

Any questions about the site so far?
Lumaslily

Suuup!
Spark Topic Starter

Questions....
I will need verify something on the PG stuff, because this roleplay I will be working on might contain graphic content, specifically the horrors that come of war and combat.
It's fair to say this might be at least a 16+ roleplay. I have thoroughly read the rules on such things, yet I am not fully certain on the policies.

I will check self, but if someone could explain to me more clearly the protocols surrounding that, I would appreciate it
Sanne Moderator

Spark wrote:
Questions....
I will need verify something on the PG stuff, because this roleplay I will be working on might contain graphic content, specifically the horrors that come of war and combat.
It's fair to say this might be at least a 16+ roleplay. I have thoroughly read the rules on such things, yet I am not fully certain on the policies.

I will check self, but if someone could explain to me more clearly the protocols surrounding that, I would appreciate it

Hi and welcome to the site! :)

The idea is that all public parts of the site - including all public forums, like this one - maintain a PG-13 rating. If you want to RP anything that goes beyond a PG-13ish rating, such as a 16+ RP, it has to go into a private area of the site (that can be hidden behind a content warning in some situations).

Private messages count as private areas of the site. Groups that are flagged for containing sexual content, violence or strong language are also considered non-public because people have to indicate they're okay with seeing that content before they actually see it. Character profiles that contain a sexual content, violence or strong language warning, like groups, are also deemed non-public for the same reason.

If you're ever uncertain about whether or not your specific situation is allowed on the public parts of the site, you can always reach out to a moderator and ask them about it! :) I promise it's never a bother.
Mipps

:star: Welcome to RPR :star:
WELCOME TO RPR!! <3
Hello and welcome to the site Spark! I’d like to hear more about your novel at some point!

I hope you're settling in okay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of friendly people around that are willing to help out with anything you may need. Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs!
*slides in* *falls flat on face* *swears for an exceedingly long time*

Welcome, to the RP Repository! I am absolutely stoked to see you here, Spark, and glad you've made the absolute life-changing decision to join us all as we slowly plot to take over the world!

I am FlamingPsycho, virus extraordinaire!

I've been roleplaying for a while and would love to RP with you now that you are here, lol. I'd also love to answer any questions you may have.

So, if you need help or are just up for a roleplay, please please PLEASE PM me! I'm always around!

So, first and foremost, though, you should probably check out our rules here, just so nothing takes you by surprise! You can find them here: https://www.rprepository.com/help/forum-rules

If you ever get bored and hunting for a roleplay, feel free to check out our Looking For RP forum here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=948

If you’re looking for help from communities, check out our help forums, somebody is almost always lurking there: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=172

Do you have artwork you wanna make, or do you wanna find some art for characters? Or do you have an AU you want to share? Check this out: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=5

And finally…are people taking years to respond to your RPs, or do you just not feel the muse and want to just play some games? Well, we have just the place for you! Look here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forum.php?f=4

Well, nice meeting you! Enjoy our little haven here, and I hope to see you around!
giphy.gif
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome to the new improved updated RPRepository.
Welcome to the family! We’re so glad you could join us!!
Welcome to RPR and happy writing!
Hi! Welcome to RPR, hope you have fun here!
AmberShades

*Cue A French Guy Bursting Through The Doors*

Welcome To RPR, Mon Ami! How Are You On This Fantasic Day? I Hope Everything's Swell, And If You Have Any Questions, Don't Be Afraid To Ask! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A newcomer

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus