Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What accomplishments are you proud of?

Hi everyone!

I was thinking how sometimes, we all can fall into a rut during our day to day lives and get so entrenched in the small things that we're unable to see the accomplishments we've achieved. Yet if we pause and look back, we can see just how far we've come and see everything we've gone through.

I also think that sometimes with the way society can me, it's looked down upon for sharing your joy in your hard work with some people calling it bragging or boastful. I know a lot of times I don't share some of my accomplishments because some people try so hard to drag that happiness through the mud.

So! I would like this thread to be a positive place where people can share their accomplishments, big or small, without worry! Did you ace a test? Let me knooooow!! Did you do something a bit out of your comfort zone? Let me knoooooooooow!! I just wanna cheer for you and root you on with whatever's going on in your life. :)

giphy.gif

<3,
Somnom
LakotaSiouxWarrior

I'm a self taught bass player and harmonica player. I'm a songwriter. I do back up and lead vocals in the band's I've been in.
nightmqre

I was in a rut with art. I joined my current art course in the middle of the course last year, so i was at least an entire section behind. i found out the other day that luckily none of that year contributed to my final grade, so whoo.

last year i was really bad at keeping up, catching up and actually doing the work properly.

i'm just proud of myself for actually staying on top of it all this year. i've almost filled an entire art book for just ONE term of art, which is a lot more than most of my peers have done so far. i was the first one to start actually writing my own targets while a lot of other people were being...well, spoon-fed, pretty much, and the only one in three years of art before our class to pursue doing digital art with their own tablet as well.
MissPixie Topic Starter

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
I'm a self taught bass player and harmonica player. I'm a songwriter. I do back up and lead vocals in the band's I've been in.

That's really cool!! :D Hopefully there are some recordings floating around somewhere so you'll have copies of your work!

StaticNightmares wrote:
I was in a rut with art. I joined my current art course in the middle of the course last year, so i was at least an entire section behind. i found out the other day that luckily none of that year contributed to my final grade, so whoo.

last year i was really bad at keeping up, catching up and actually doing the work properly.

i'm just proud of myself for actually staying on top of it all this year. i've almost filled an entire art book for just ONE term of art, which is a lot more than most of my peers have done so far. i was the first one to start actually writing my own targets while a lot of other people were being...well, spoon-fed, pretty much, and the only one in three years of art before our class to pursue doing digital art with their own tablet as well.

I'm glad you're sticking on top of it all too! Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated, especially with other life things going on, but you're going above and beyond! That's amazing work. :D
[Trigger Warning - Sensitive Themes]

I'm proud that I'm still here. Eight months ago, due to events I won't go into, I attempted to commit suicide twice. The first I tried jumping out of a window, and the second I tried to strangle myself. Not something I'm proud of looking back on it now.

I was so low that I didn't think life was worth living. While things aren't 100%, I've gone 8 months without harming myself or trying to commit suicide again. That is huge for me. I'm slowly getting back on my feet and living.
MissPixie Topic Starter

Mintelle wrote:
[Trigger Warning - Sensitive Themes]

I'm proud that I'm still here. Eight months ago, due to events I won't go into, I attempted to commit suicide twice. The first I tried jumping out of a window, and the second I tried to strangle myself. Not something I'm proud of looking back on it now.

I was so low that I didn't think life was worth living. While things aren't 100%, I've gone 8 months without harming myself or trying to commit suicide again. That is huge for me. I'm slowly getting back on my feet and living.

I'm so so so soooooo happy that you're still here and with us. And 8 months is absolutely hands down something to be proud of. Please keep seeing how far you've come and keep going. <3
I realized there were some extremely toxic people at my previous place of employment. It was not a good environment to work in. I quit, put myself through police academy (which was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done), and got hired as a deputy sheriff after graduation. Things are a lot better now!
MissPixie Topic Starter

miarup wrote:
I realized there were some extremely toxic people at my previous place of employment. It was not a good environment to work in. I quit, put myself through police academy (which was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done), and got hired as a deputy sheriff after graduation. Things are a lot better now!

Yesssss!! All of that is amazing!! It's really hard to leave a place of employment, but I'm so glad that things worked out for the better. Congrats on making it through academy and the upgrade on life improvements!!! :D
This is a soon to be accomplishment, but currently I'm in my last semester as an undergrad at a very prestigious university in America. I'm also going to be returning to the same university for one more year because I was accepted into an accelerate masters program. In just a little under a year and a half, I'll have two degrees and it seems that everyday I'm more surprised and proud of myself because of it.
MissPixie Topic Starter

DeliriumAngel wrote:
This is a soon to be accomplishment, but currently I'm in my last semester as an undergrad at a very prestigious university in America. I'm also going to be returning to the same university for one more year because I was accepted into an accelerate masters program. In just a little under a year and a half, I'll have two degrees and it seems that everyday I'm more surprised and proud of myself because of it.

YAY!!!! Congrats on getting accepted into an accelerated masters program! That's outstanding!!! Keep up the amazing work! :D Also, congrats on your soon to be completion of your undergrad degree!
Queen_of_Hell

Compared to what I was like last year and now, I have to give myself a pat on the back.

I am not diagnosed with anything, i didn't seek professional help (because it costs. Damn I barely have money for all the life necessities), but I'm suffering from something - withdrawal, feelings of emptiness, incapable of getting up in the morning to do anything, complete indifference to my health and my life in general, isolation and all those things. Like losing my friends that I cared about was just a big shrug for me and I'd lay back down doing literally nothing. This would heavily impact my own personality, and I'm a woman who naturally has a fiery temper, confidence and bad bich energy overall, just painfully stubborn and determine - it's two complete opposites. Sometimes I'm one, sometimes I'm the other, it's almost seasonal and it might depend on the situation in my life. I know that my cold, distant and isolated side isn't who I am and that has been a result from something that has happened.

However, my mental state and how I am can clash together and the typical "balance" is thrown out the window. It gets bad. I'm an overemotional wreck who can't handle anything thrown at me. I mean CONSTANT breakdowns which are completely unlike me. However, in 2019, I only had 2 of those instances, which is a record, if I must say. I kind of recognized the pattern of my own behavior and I forced myself to be in check. I had pretty bad few months, probably the worst few months so far in my life (this includes January as well) and I must say - I was composed. There were no temper tantrums, I went to work, I did my job, there was no crying, lashing out at my family and friends. I intend to keep it this way, because I know if I don't keep myself in check, things are not going to end well for me or the people in my life.

Another shameless plug, my group on RPR :3 It's not even one year old, but there's so much activity and wonderful people on there. It's not just a group, it's a vamily of wonderful, caring people and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
MissPixie Topic Starter

Queen_of_Hell wrote:
Compared to what I was like last year and now, I have to give myself a pat on the back.

I am not diagnosed with anything, i didn't seek professional help (because it costs. Damn I barely have money for all the life necessities), but I'm suffering from something - withdrawal, feelings of emptiness, incapable of getting up in the morning to do anything, complete indifference to my health and my life in general, isolation and all those things. Like losing my friends that I cared about was just a big shrug for me and I'd lay back down doing literally nothing. This would heavily impact my own personality, and I'm a woman who naturally has a fiery temper, confidence and bad bich energy overall, just painfully stubborn and determine - it's two complete opposites. Sometimes I'm one, sometimes I'm the other, it's almost seasonal and it might depend on the situation in my life. I know that my cold, distant and isolated side isn't who I am and that has been a result from something that has happened.

However, my mental state and how I am can clash together and the typical "balance" is thrown out the window. It gets bad. I'm an overemotional wreck who can't handle anything thrown at me. I mean CONSTANT breakdowns which are completely unlike me. However, in 2019, I only had 2 of those instances, which is a record, if I must say. I kind of recognized the pattern of my own behavior and I forced myself to be in check. I had pretty bad few months, probably the worst few months so far in my life (this includes January as well) and I must say - I was composed. There were no temper tantrums, I went to work, I did my job, there was no crying, lashing out at my family and friends. I intend to keep it this way, because I know if I don't keep myself in check, things are not going to end well for me or the people in my life.

Another shameless plug, my group on RPR :3 It's not even one year old, but there's so much activity and wonderful people on there. It's not just a group, it's a vamily of wonderful, caring people and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

It's always amazing to look back and see how far you've grown emotionally and mentally. :D I hope you continue down the path that keeps you and those important in your life at peace with how things are handled. And that's not a shameless plug! You've build, created, and continue to maintain an amazing RP group that brings a lot of people happiness and fun and great stories!! That's something without a doubt you should be proud of and you most definitely should bring it up when you can! :D
Went back to college and started in the lowest math class possible on the number line. Recently graduated with my BS in structural engineering with a career focus in technical writing. I'm currently working in the structure inspection for bridges, roads and highways but applied for a project developing environmental water management and bioretention systems. It's weird having accomplished something only to have to move forward to the next tick-mark, though. I still struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, but I think I pushed myself through this so I can say, "yeah but why did you work so hard only to leave it all behind" when things get really dark in my life.
MissPixie Topic Starter

light wrote:
Went back to college and started in the lowest math class possible on the number line. Recently graduated with my BS in structural engineering with a career focus in technical writing. I'm currently working in the structure inspection for bridges, roads and highways but applied for a project developing environmental water management and bioretention systems. It's weird having accomplished something only to have to move forward to the next tick-mark, though. I still struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, but I think I pushed myself through this so I can say, "yeah but why did you work so hard only to leave it all behind" when things get really dark in my life.

That's super duper amazing!!!! I'm so not smart when it comes to math, so the fact that someone can advanced in engineering and all the math that involves is astounding to me. Keep up at it because you're doing so amazingly fantastic! :D
I’ve been trying to work on my self care and life/work balance. It’s a New Years goal of mine. For me, self care can look like doing things that interest me rather than laying around waiting to go to work. I’m bad about just waiting around and getting anxious.

But this month I wanted to read more so that’s what I focused on. I also played some video games but it’s been a loooong time since I’ve read anything where I couldn’t put the book down. Or read anything in one day or one sitting.

But I did it! I read four books this month and all of them were lovely. I feel like now RPR will take up some of my reading time but I’m not complaining. xx
MissPixie Topic Starter

Aubade wrote:
I’ve been trying to work on my self care and life/work balance. It’s a New Years goal of mine. For me, self care can look like doing things that interest me rather than laying around waiting to go to work. I’m bad about just waiting around and getting anxious.

But this month I wanted to read more so that’s what I focused on. I also played some video games but it’s been a loooong time since I’ve read anything where I couldn’t put the book down. Or read anything in one day or one sitting.

But I did it! I read four books this month and all of them were lovely. I feel like now RPR will take up some of my reading time but I’m not complaining. xx

That's an important and very fun goal to have for the New Year! Congrats on making it to four books! That's really incredible especially with how life and the world can be so distracting at time. And if something there to take up your time, RPR is not a bad choice in my opinion. ;)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What accomplishments are you proud of?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus