Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Would anyone be interested in this kind of rp?

MasterWinter

THE KAISER’S ZOMBIE ARMY STORMED THE TRENCHES AND THE SKIES...

TRAIN THEM...ARM THEM...THEN TURN THEM LOOSE ON THE ZOMBIES!

"At the tail end of 1917, the Germans introduced a new type of gas to the battlefield, T-Leiche, or “corpse gas,” and changed the face of the war by resurrecting the bodies of the dead, giving the enemy an almost unlimited source of fresh troops. "

This is an alternate history set in World War One but with steampunk and zombies.

...Do I have your attention now?

GOOD!

Hello all, Winter here.

So. Currently this idea is coming from a book I'm currently reading called: By the Blood of Heroes The Great Undead WAr: Book 1 by Joseph Nassise.

Who is Joseph Nassie?

Joseph Nassie is the author of more than a dozen novels, including the internationally bestselling Templar Chronicles series (The Heretic A Scream of Angels, A Tear in the Sky) and several books in the Rouge Angel action/adventure series from Gold Eagle. He is a former president of the Horror Writers Association, the world's largest organization of professional horror writers, and a multiple Bram Stroker Award and International Horor Guild Award nominee.

Firstly, just so you know, I do not have an OC at this time who would fit into an rp like this. Unless I used my Swedish Werebear, Bjorn but change him up some. But I think I'd work on making a whole new OC for this, if anyone took up serious interest in this.

Now. The rp does not need to be based off the book. We could simply take the idea presented in general (see text above "...Do I have your attention now? "), or if you want we could follow the book and I lead it since I have both book 1 and book 2 for this series. As to if there are any others, currently it would seem the answer is no.

For those of you who want to know what is going on in the book, aside from what I put up here so far (again see text above "...Do I have your attention now?")...

Here is the rest of the back of the book

When the American ace Major Jack Freeman-poster boy for the war against the Kaiser's undead army of shamblers-is downed over enemy lines and taken captive, veteran Captain Michael "Madman" Burke is the only man brave and foolish enough to accept the mission to recover Freeman. Burke assembles a team of disparate members, from his right-hand man, Sergeant Moore, to big-game-hunter-turned-soldier, Clayton Manning, who funds the mission for an opertunity to confront the most dangerous zombie game, to professor Dan Richards, one of Tesla's top men and the resident authority on all things supernatural With the help of a highly advanced British dirigible war machine to infiltrate enemy territory, the team faces incredible danger as it struggles to reach the prison camp and strike at the heart of the enemy.

But they are pitted against the most deadly enemy of all: Manfred von Richthofen, the Red Baron. Having risen from the dead with his abilities enhanced but his mind on the bring of madness, Richthofen as plans for victory that give no quarter to soldiers or civilians.

So. Let me go over something right quick.

Shamblers is a term used for the risen corpses because they can't move more than a shuffle. They are not intelligent. You point them to the enemy, they shuffle to said enemy and of course want to eat their flesh. These also are not pleasant to look at. Ashen grey skin, black bulging veins, hair falling off in places, skin that can easily come off. Basically they are still, as far as I know till I find other wise, rotting corpses of the dead. Each shambler wears a shock collar which is how they are controlled. If one doesn't do something right, they get shocked with electricity.

SPOILER ALERT!!!: After years of the war going on, and the corpse gas still making the dead rise, the shamblers are becoming intelligent, and appear to seem to somewhat function as they had before death. They are not fully themselves as they were in life, but as to how long that will last is questionable.

Rp does not need to follow the book exactly, if we go the route of the book. However! I will use it as a guide for the bad guys and the like.

Please keep in mind that I will take some time, not only to make an OC to fit this, to go back through pages I've already read to try and find stuff so to better explain things in my rp post.

You can make any nationality for your OC, that would properly fit into this time frame of WW1, even if it is not fully historical since it will be steampunk and zombies.

American's, British and French are currently, from what I gather, allied together. The Germans of couse, not so much.

Please be aware too: the corpse gas can affect anyone who is dead. Meaning if the allied forces have dead, and they get hit with the gas, you can bet they will rise up.

SPOILER ALERT!!!: There is a way to keep the dead from rising, and or to kill those who have risen. The answer? FIRE! I know, go figure.

You do not need to be a simple soldier. You can be almost anything you think would be important to the rp. I'm not going to be super restrictive here. Just so long as the OC fits into WW1 with steampunk in mind.

Any who. I think I covered it all. Feel free to comment here or PM me.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Would anyone be interested in this kind of rp?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus