Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Of Ice and...Emotions?(Looking for Human (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Gavin (played by LunarValravn)

You have seen this boy wandering the city streets, forests, and even out in the worst of blizzards. He never says a word, never hurts anyone, just watches everyone around him. Sometimes he tries something that he saw another person do and usually fails or gets an unexpected surprise. Other times he sits in random places and thinks for hours on end. If he notices another watching him, he gets up and walks to a different spot.

Despite being socially awkward, he seems to fair well with the children. Silently playing with them and handing out treats. It was one of these days that you notice he has a tail. What human has a tail?

Wanting to know why he has a tail, you try to approach him. Be it the expression on your face, stance, or something else he turns and runs off. Choosing to follow, you watch him vanish into the sea. When he doesn't surface you look for him but can't find anything. Even after calling for a rescue crew, nothing is found. He is presumed to be dead.

The next day you see the boy alive and well and playing with the kids once more. This time an adorable creature with massive fins on it's head is with them, happily eating the sugary treats. That is definitely not a creature from earth. This time when you approach the boy he picks up the creature and holds it up to you. It's smile is hard to resist.

Ok thanks for enduring such a long intro. New character that I wish to play two different ways. Will focus on the more friendly plot this time. 2nd plot will be posted later.

Finding Friends:Gavin suffers from Alexithymia. He does not feel/understand most emotions but wishes to have some friends. This has proven challenging so he watches humanity in an attempt to understand what he is missing.

YC notices this strange boy in one way or another, (Scenario above or a different set up) and wishes to know more about this "ghost". The catch, he doesn't speak the human language. He wants to learn though, and does many strange things in an attempt to communicate.

What is going on in his head? Why does he have a tail? Where did the adorable, sugar loving creature come from? And how can he vanish into the sea only to live the next day?
Will YC be able to teach this unusual guy how to speak and help him understand emotions? What secrets await to be found when he can speak the human language?

Humans only please. M and F welcome. Will be great if others are willing to play NPCs alongside their character to enrich the story.(I am notorious for this) Though it is not mandatory.

Modern setting on earth. Tribal/renaissance setting for the mysterious side

A group would be great for this plotline.

Magic and combat will change depending where they are.

Varied post length but please give something to work with.

PM me to discuss additional events and plots that you wish to see occur please.

Stupid note: sorry for the ancient drawings of the character.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Nice idea, I think my character could be a good fit.
Gavin (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Your character looks perfect :3
I have a character that I haven't used in a long time that would work here... I will post my little Buddhist monk in training as quickly as I can.
Gavin (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Feenat wrote:
I have a character that I haven't used in a long time that would work here... I will post my little Buddhist monk in training as quickly as I can.

Alright. Looks like we're going to Japan

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Of Ice and...Emotions?(Looking for Human (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus