Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Hello!

My name is Sabina and I have mostly done BYC (be your character) types of roleplaying in the past. My typical partners in roleplaying have gone MIA so I've been trying to branch out a little bit which is how I found this site. After a quick look through, I'm really excited to get started though not completely sure where to begin. >.<

Do people typically OC here or are fandoms still king? Do people typically come up with a character and throw them into different settings/plots? Or does the plot come first and you come up with a character to fit it?
sarah18394729

Hello Llamllamajoe i personally welcome you to the new and improved 2.0 RPR!!!!
Hey Sabina! Welcome to the site!

You'll find that there's a good variety of what people like! There are people who enjoy fandoms, and there are people who enjoy OCs. And of course, there's a huge variety of genres and settings that people like to write too.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of people around willing to help!

Cheers to making new friends and writing a lot of fantastic stories!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
llamallamajoe Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! ^_^
Hello!! So that's the best part of RP Repository is that there's a place for everyone. Post in a form or message and ask questions. People still RP fandoms on here and we also do alot of OC.

You just have to take a look around really. 🙂 Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Morrigan

Hi there! Welcome to RPR. You questions about plot or character first...well it's sort of like chicken and the egg. You will find people that build the plot then the character, or the other way around. So basically, you can probably find some partners out there that will rp the way you do. Have fun, and enjoy the stories you build!
Hey Sabina and welcome to the RPR!

The RPR has a little bit of everything; fandom, build and play, as well as OC's. Though I daresay build & play as well as OC's are primary here in comparison. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of fandom love here still though! The diversity of it all is part of what makes the RPR a great place for sure. <3
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you'll have fun here. It's a very nice community.

There are OCs all over, and fandoms too! Mostly OCs from what I've seen, but there are also lots of sci-find and comic book characters that I see every once in a while. I think I mostly just hang out with the world-building, character-having fantasy types of crowds, but I've seen a Legolas and a superhero or two. :P It's all pretty varied.

I personally would recommend going through the Groups, and seeing which one you like. If you don't find one for you, you can always make your own. :P Heaps of fun to be had, wot wot. :)

If you want a chat or something, feel free to message. I and a lot of other people who love to chat will answer all sorts of zany weird RP questions. :D

That's that! Hope you have a good time here, have fun, follow the rules, all that stuff! See you around! 🌻🌸Bye!🌸🌻
Pen_Tsunami

Hello! Welcome to RPR!
You should possibly go through some groups and find some people who like the same things as you do so the roleplays you can do with your group will be a lot more enjoyable
Hi! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here! From what I've seen, most people use OCS. There are some fandom roleplays, but they also usually allow for both canons and ocs. I think a lot of people don't mind if you bring in canon characters to their fandomless roleplay as long as you stretch them to fit.
Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay. x

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus