Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Help Wanted (Sci-fi/Mystery) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Background
wildwest_by_drake1024.png.6b10d6e6c6ca4dc7be3da55d86101634.png
On Moon Yakaiac, there's a popularly used fueling station for space-ships coming in and out from long voyages, called Belbery's Station. It is in the outskirts of a wonderful agriculturally dominated town of around 3,000 living residents - Belbery Town. It is a peaceful and stable place, despite how poor and simple their quality of life is, compared to surrounding moons and planet Moh'tor, their life is much better. They're known for quality produce that is always sought after, and are generally a well-behaved neighborhood. However, over the coarse of a month, events have altered the town's lifestyle, and a threat is looming over Belbery - a danger that might destroy the town's future forever.

There's a rumor going around, called the Bernawhetch. A phenomenon that started with a large single-horned metallic horse appearing out of nowhere at the outskirts of town in the dead of night. Several teenagers have been seen messing with it, only to be found dead at the same spot the next day. The town's residents have no clue where this so-called 'Death Horse' is, but they suspect it is a government conspiracy, while others presume is a wandering, heartless murderer. Ever since that day, livestock have been struggling to survive through night against feral predators that have grown abnormal over time, as well as a sense of famine altering the town's harvest. Until this alteration of nature has been dealt with, Belbery remains silent and afraid from the horror that lurks within their borders.

Hello there! I'm looking for a sci-fi RP with a splash of horror and/or mystery/thriller with my fellow character here! I'm a literate, multi-para/novella writer, and sometimes my response rate can vary from multiple responses in a day, to spaced responses within a few days to a week or so. I always tell my partners in advance if I'm away or busy, and I hope they do the same! This RP is set in a sci-fi setting, but Belbery Town has an overall 'Wild West' feel, so you're welcome to try placing your character in there - with different technology of course. Setting can be discussed further in PMs, as well as possible plot details. If you prefer to RP on Discord, I'm also available there! (Animatonica#9073).

If you're interested, I'm preferrably looking for a long-term RP partner to help me develop a story arc for this character, and perhaps create a relationship (be it from a rivalry or a sidekick/minion-to-boss relationship). Late-game RP is going to involve some deep character reveals, so just something to put out there... Otherwise, a one-off scene is fine as well!

Caution
This RP requires people who are 16+
(If you believe you're mature to handle content that might include some gore and unsightly fleshy things, go ahead and challenge this. Beware that my character does not hold back! You have been advised.)

Prompts
  • You're a bounty hunter of sorts and have heard of the Bernawhetch rumors as of late. You decide to try and find out where the evil resides, hand them over, and gain your wonderful reward - but not without some struggle first.
  • The Bernawhetch is relentless and manages to defeat your heroic intent to disable or stop her. You become prisoned within her grasp, but you don't give up. You make a deal with her to become her slave/minion in exchange for some freedom.
  • You're not anything of heroic levels, but you manage to find a cure to all the problems the Bernawhetch creates, which brings attention towards you. The further you cure and hinder her plans, the more likely you'll be faced with deeper resistance...
    2660232.png
    Good luck.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Help Wanted (Sci-fi/Mystery) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus