Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to this website, but not new to RP!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website, but I've been doing roleplay for the majority of my life. This introduction covers a lot of my hobbies and life, so please bear with me :)

Some of my friends used to roleplay in elementary school, as well as 6th and 7th grade to pass the time in P.E.. Eventually, we decided that we were too old for that, and I later decided to start playing D&D.
Back when I did roleplay in middle school, I wasn't that well liked, but ever since 8th grade, I've actually become one of the more popular kids at school now. In my high school (I'm a freshman), I'm one of the popular kids, and I'm friends with a lot of people. However, not a lot of people like to play D&D at my school, and only the weirdos do roleplay at my school (even though I used to be one of those weirdos), so I've been trying to find forums to do roleplay, and I found rprepository.com!

My favorite kind of RP is fantasy-based, with D&D races and monsters. I also don't like playing with overpowered characters because I find that they make the game boring.
Anyway, thanks for reading my somewhat long introduction!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome to this fine upstanding community called RPRepository. Welcome to the family.
Welcome!

There's definitely some D&D-style games that pop up here once in awhile, so keep an eye out for them over in the Looking for RP forum. I'm a fan of rolling the bones too!

(Hey, and bonus! No corona virus can live on virtual dice! XD)
Hello and welcome to the site! I hope you're settling in okay! If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of friendly people around willing to help out. Cheers to making new friends and having a ton of fun RPs!
Welcome to RPR! This is s great site filled with friendly, creative people, there is something for everyone! Happy gaming! 🤗
Mipps

Welcome to RPR :star: I hope you have lots of fun here!
Lol join the "weirdos" ! Welcome and hello!
The best characters are the ones who have to "rise above" their circumstances!
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! i hope you have fun here! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready! I'm a senior in highschool and we had a D&D club. I loved the campaign but it's looking like the Coronavirus has won in the battle between it and the entire school year tbh.
Welcome to RPR, hopefully you find everything you’re looking for here! The community is really great!
Hullo, and welcome to RPR! :) Hope you have a good time here.
There's this D&D podcast called The Adventure Zone- a group of brothers and their dad who play D&D in various styles and record it- and there's this pretty funny exchange in one of the earlier episodes... Because their dad, Clint, had never played D&D before, they were joking about why not, since he's apparently 'the biggest nerd', haha. So, uh.

Justin: I think for a lot of people Dungeons & Dragons was the last bastion of nerd-dom; the nerdiest thing you could do.

Griffin: Yeah, yeah.

Travis: Mhm.

Justin: And it was like, the failsafe, like, emergency, “well, at least I don’t play Dungeons & Dragons”. But the good thing is, now LARPing is a thing. So—

Griffin: Yeah, so you can—

[More unintelligible talking with each other]

Griffin: We can say, like, someday, there will be like, um… Like, live action slash fiction.

Travis: Mhm.

Griffin: And then LARPing will be, like, passé. And then we can finally, finally, finally indulge in that.

Clint: Well, we’re getting there with The Quest on ABC, so, I mean...

[dog barking]

There's that. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, I kind of wanted to do live-action role play when I was a kid. Hahaha. Fun times!
Anyway, if you wanna chat, feel free to message me! We can banter about weird RP stuff if you want. Ho ho ho. >v>

Be sure to check out the Find RP forum and the Groups pages! :D :D :D lots of fun to be had here and there... Follow the rules, report to mods if you're a detective type, et cetera! :P :P Be good, make friends, panic in the Help forum. All that good stuff, heehee. Have a good time!
Bye bye- see you around, probably! 🌸 🌻 <3 <3 <3 🌻 🌸
Clearlow

Fun story!

I made an online friend who didn't work, and spend all his day at home. He was disabled, so I understood but he said he was bored most of the time just playing video games.

I told him I like to roleplay, and he's the FIRST person I told that I didn't already RP with first. He said, "Nah, that's too nerdy for me."

I was like.. bro... you could play premade worlds or make your own. And he could tell me the entire history of The Elder Scrolls franchise, and basically write a master thesis on it, but roleplaying was too nerdy? I was mildly offended, but I still think about it and laugh.

Anyway, None of my real-life friends' roleplay, nor do they know I roleplay. When they ask me what I'm doing here, I tell them, "I am writing." It's like. My thing, my little secret that I don't have to share with anyone. Except my sister who does know and rps as well.

I feel like nerdiness was a word invented to take away from creativity.

And Shinyrainbowlithogra was talking about larping. Looking, I see larping as acting, just without the payment, so I don't see why it's nerdy. People obsess over like Orlando Bloom, and Johnny Depp, oh but when we do it it's too nerdy. OkAy. :P Well, I don't larp, but I love participating in community plays.

Okay. I'm talking too much.

Welcome to RPR, and I hope you find the vice you're looking for!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to this website, but not new to RP!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus