Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Commissioned Art question...

If I want to start doing character art for money here and there... are there rules for that? I assume it's allowed on this site. Correct me If I'm wrong. How exactly does it work? I like drawing my friends' characters for fun and I figured I'd give commissions a shot?
It's allowed here, yeah. You'll see plenty of adverts in this forum especially.

I'm not sure there's any specific way to do it. You advertise what you can do, figure out pricing and payment plans that work for you and do the work!

My one piece of advice would be to limit your commission slots to avoid biting off more than you can chew! It's much easier to do than you think, speaking from experience, lmao.
asherb92 Topic Starter

Oh yeah. I’m only planning on doing one at a time, just because I know I would definitely do that. I’ll browse some other adverts and try and figure out what I’d like to include :)
There's no real rules to how to do commissions other than "Don't steal" and basic common courtesy stuff - every artist on the internet has an opinion on the latter, so if you ever have a question on what "common courtesy" means, either looking around the interwebs or asking another artist (hi c:) is never a bad idea.

I'd say the only real rules you have to follow are to yourself and whatever site / way you deal with money. If you don't follow paypal's rules about things, that's not great, as an example.

Good luck on your commission journey! <3
asherb92 Topic Starter

Thank you!
I’ve decided to keep it very simple for now ^_^

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Commissioned Art question...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus