Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Music Suggestions?

MasterWinter

Hello fellow RPR members!

t5HGLSy.jpg

Actually I don't need new songs, I need new artist's, bands, etc as well.

Would you like an idea what I listen to already, so to get a better idea?

Winter's Music Interests

• Nightwish (#1 fave band, always)
  • Dragony
  • Luca Turilli
  • TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)
  • Twilight Force
  • Lucas King
  • Adrian von Ziegler
  • BrunuhVille
  • Danheim
  • Disturbed
  • DragonForce
  • Orion's Reign
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Powerwolf
  • Skillet
  • 2CELLOS
  • Aqua
  • DEMONS & WIZARDS

The list can go on for quiet a bit. But that's the basic gist of it for the most part I believe.

Thank you to any and all who at least read this, appreciate it!
Novus

Gosh, I like all sorts of music. Toss me a genre that isn't country or rap and I'll give you some suggestions.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Novus wrote:
Gosh, I like all sorts of music. Toss me a genre that isn't country or rap and I'll give you some suggestions.

Symphonic metal
Novus

Winters_Fury wrote:
Novus wrote:

Symphonic metal

Oh, good choice! So you mean like Prog?

One of my favorites is Epica - Cry for the Moon.

And always, always Nightwish. They've had a bit of member changing but still great.

Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves
(Another wolf song, I'm seeing a theme!)

And this isn't quite prog, more folk metal, but they have 13 band members and have a symphonic feel. I present to you one of Eluveities's more "calm" songs, A Rose for Epona (which is like, one of my favorite tracks of all time).

There are other bands in this category that I enjoy, like Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot, but I'm not gonna spam the thread with literally everything I love.
Novus

I just want to make a note about Eluveitie. I love, love, love this band, and the top comment on A Rose for Epona is so damn accurate I had to share.

RmKCFh6.png

Novus wrote:
I just want to make a note about Eluveitie. I love, love, love this band, and the top comment on A Rose for Epona is so damn accurate I had to share.

RmKCFh6.png

Symphonic metal like Nightwish. They are the first band I listed in the collapse tag, and when you look them up in wikipedia it says that they are a Symphonic metal band from Finland.

I do thank you for what you did share though, I'll be checking them out soon! ^-^
Rogue-Scribe

How about some dark pagan folk?
The vocals get quite ‘metal’ about half way through.

Shadow-Ranger wrote:

Firstly: Apologizes for taking so long to get back to you. I've mostly been holed up in my inbox, trying to make a dent in replies I owe.

Secondly: O.o Wow! That is good! Thanks Shadow, I really do appreciate you input for music! ^-^
Novus

Shadow-Ranger wrote:

I
love
Heilung

Have you listened to any of Wardruna or Danheim? It's in the same genre. Arkona has a similar sound but is more heavy.
Novus

Winters_Fury wrote:
Novus wrote:

RmKCFh6.png

Symphonic metal like Nightwish. They are the first band I listed in the collapse tag, and when you look them up in wikipedia it says that they are a Symphonic metal band from Finland.

I do thank you for what you did share though, I'll be checking them out soon! ^-^
Ahhh sorry, I totally missed the collapse tag. I use them yet I often overlook them. :|

Novus wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:
Novus wrote:

RmKCFh6.png

Ahhh sorry, I totally missed the collapse tag. I use them yet I often overlook them. :|

It happens, no worries. ^-^
Rogue-Scribe

Novus...
Novus wrote:
Shadow-Ranger wrote:

I
love
Heilung

Have you listened to any of Wardruna or Danheim? It's in the same genre. Arkona has a similar sound but is more heavy.

Yes... found Heilung via Wardruna on youtube as it played through. Found Wardruna from the Vikings TV show and came across them on youtube when listening to Faun. They collaborated on a live show.

I recently came across Danheim when they were connected with Corvus Corax.

I'll shamelessly plug my friend Mireia García aka Lady Morte's band here... Trobar de Morte from Spain.

Winters_Fury wrote:

Firstly: Apologizes for taking so long to get back to you. I've mostly been holed up in my inbox, trying to make a dent in replies I owe.

Secondly: O.o Wow! That is good! Thanks Shadow, I really do appreciate you input for music! ^-^

I have quite a playlist of these medieval-pagan folk metal witch pop sorts of bands.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Music Suggestions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus