Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Cute Colourful Fantasy (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Yamazaki Tetsuji (played by Riik)

You have lived in the small mundane village all your childhood. They say that the forest that surrounds it is not safe. But all is not as it seems. When you find a boy in the village acting suspicious, you realise that your destiny lies beyond the boundaries of the settlement. A destiny of magic, surreal wonder and epic adventure.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are preferred. If you're a year or so younger than that and feel you're more mature than average, we can discuss things, but there will be extra limits set on RP to keep everyone comfortable regarding the age gap.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

Tetsuji is a nobody. A nerdy kid who keeps to himself. He seems to be an ordinary human - and a fairly boring one at that. Your character has never seen him play. Never seen him have fun. He just seems to... study. Conversations with him are often polite and friendly, and yet he always seems to be able to worm his way out of anything truly interesting. An outsider would find suspicion with just how 'normal' he appears. But your character has grown up with him around, and he just comes across as the boring one. A familiar face in the background. So when he starts acting odd, your character knows this is something worth investigating. He does have a secret. And finding it will change your character's life forever.

So... like fantasy? Like fairy tale-esque logic? Like strange magical creatures and vibrant worlds? Ready to explore a land that includes features such as trees with glass leaves, giant mushrooms, wicked goblin witches, talking cats and angry shadow creatures?

What I'm looking for is a teen character (aged 15-19). Ordinary human is preferred, but elves and other near-human beings are acceptable. Your character starts out thinking they are normal, with no powers so to speak of, but they will obtain abilities as the adventure goes on (we can discuss how those abilities are decided). If your character has abilities in their canonical form, they can conceivably gain those abilities during the adventure. No preference of gender.

At the start of the RP, magic will be considered rumour and various warnings and disappearances generally keep the village's population from exploring.

There won't really be any romance in the RP. I'm willing to consider crushes if it seems natural, but beyond hugging, I'm not really comfortable with displays of romantic affection, so things will be kept cute and innocent.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

I really like this and have the perfect character for it!
Yamazaki Tetsuji (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Scarletwolf wrote:

Well if you fit the age requirement and are capable of matching the required post length, show me the character you want to use, and I'll have a look.
Marget (played by Scarletwolf)

Yamazaki Tetsuji wrote:
Scarletwolf wrote:

Well if you fit the age requirement and are capable of matching the required post length, show me the character you want to use, and I'll have a look.

Marget

Still looking.
I am a 16 yr old and would like to participate.
I would love to join! I have a 17 year old elven character if that works for you!

Jello_Angela wrote:
I am a 16 yr old and would like to participate.

I need to see your character before making my mind up.
SpiritHero wrote:
I would love to join! I have a 17 year old elven character if that works for you!

Hmm... do you have a profile for that character? The only elf see on your page doesn't seem to match that description. If you plan to use that character aged down though, I will say that the only problem I have with them is the blood magic stuff. I don't feel it'd work well as protagonist magic in this setting.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Cute Colourful Fantasy (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus