Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » What's the best way to get started?

Hello, everyone!

I've poked my head in on this site once or twice in the past, but I'm thinking of giving it a more serious go this time. And, so, I'm wondering if I could get some advice on how best to get started meeting people and getting involved in rps.

I'm just as open to the idea of making characters to join in other writers' worlds as I am creating worlds alongside them. And I don't mind rping publicly or privately, and I'd like to think that I can write almost anything outside of political narratives (cuz I don't do politics, lol).

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

A good way to meet freinds is in the forums. The interduction,games and smalltalk. It gets you interduced to the community. They have roleplaying forums also. Anyways welcome to the RPRepository family.
Auberon Moderator

I'd love to gently direct you to the Find RP tool. It's an awesome search function that helps you peruse the seeking posts that people have put on the Looking For RP Forum to help you find a writing partner.

This is probably the best way to find exactly what you're looking for, but otherwise I'd suggest just putting yourself out there and chatting some folks up. :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » What's the best way to get started?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus