Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Imgur image won't upload

So I'm trying to upload a picture for my characters back story, but it just won't work. It gives me that little error symbol with the green hill and cloudy sky on a small page, it's weird to describe and I wish I could just show it but since images won't work I can't :'( ironic. Anyway I thought my issue was the file size so I tried compressing the image to below 500kb but that didn't work. Plus I realized after doing that that the image I had there before was actually bigger than the new image anyway so that obviously wasn't it, I might of been confused with the icon size limit.

I already know that the image has to end in .jpg and that you have to upload it to Imgur and use that link. I did all this before, it just isn't working now for whatever reason. I can also tell I'm probably doing it right because the error it gives when I do it correctly is different from if I don't, I tested it. It's the error it does when it's trying to load an image but can't. Idk what I'm doing wrong, any help would be really appreciated.
MelissasRP wrote:
So I'm trying to upload a picture for my characters back story, but it just won't work. It gives me that little error symbol with the green hill and cloudy sky on a small page, it's weird to describe and I wish I could just show it but since images won't work I can't :'( ironic. Anyway I thought my issue was the file size so I tried compressing the image to below 500kb but that didn't work. Plus I realized after doing that that the image I had there before was actually bigger than the new image anyway so that obviously wasn't it, I might of been confused with the icon size limit.

I already know that the image has to end in .jpg and that you have to upload it to Imgur and use that link. I did all this before, it just isn't working now for whatever reason. I can also tell I'm probably doing it right because the error it gives when I do it correctly is different from if I don't, I tested it. It's the error it does when it's trying to load an image but can't. Idk what I'm doing wrong, any help would be really appreciated.

Have you tried seeing if other people can see the image? Are you using the right image url (the image address and not the Imgur page)? Also, have you tried using a different browser or device?
Rogue-Scribe

Hi. A couple questions:

1. Are you wanting to upload the image to the photo gallery widget on the character page? If so, you need to save the image to your device then upload to the widget from your device. The gallery widget won’t upload directly from a URL.

2. Are you wanting to link an image from Imgur into a text widget? If so, click the little pictures icon at the top of the text edit box and copy/paste the Imgur ‘direct link’ image url into the pop up box. Alternatively you can paste the image URL and put the bb-code [img][/img] each side of it.

Hope that helps some.
Sanne Moderator

I strongly recommend re-saving the image under a new filename (in Paint, GIMP, or any program) and trying again! If you still can't upload the image, try and get in touch with Imgur support, it might be a technical issue on their end?

You are on: Forums » Help » Imgur image won't upload

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus