Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Option to delete a single notifcation. (COMPLETE)

First off, I have the option turned on to see adult content which is what I want. I want to be able to see ads that include adult content and I want to be able to look at profiles that include it as well.

The issue is that one of my friends added a new very NSFW picture which I will get to see every time I click on the home page. Nothing against NSFW art, just I want to see that sort of stuff on my terms. I suppose I could just clear my notifications cache, but I really don't want to do that as I use the notifications as a reminder for some of my rps. I really only want to delete just the one notification.
Kim Site Admin

To the actual suggestion: This is definitely something on my list, but is unlikely to manifest this week or even month.

In the meanwhile...
Katia wrote:
First off, I have the option turned on to see adult content which is what I want. I want to be able to see ads that include adult content and I want to be able to look at profiles that include it as well.

There are two different options for seeing adult content - "I want to see forum posts flagged for sexual themes" is the one that will let you see ads that include adult content. You can do this one without checking "I am comfortable seeing nudity and sexual content"

"I am comfortable seeing nudity and sexual content" does not prevent you from seeing these things if you wish to, but it requires you to confirm each time. You're shown a warning and required to confirm. Perhaps that is exactly what you want, if you wish to see these things on your own terms? It would black out the NSFW image on your homepage, but you could still see it if you clicked on it and confirmed that you wanted to see it.
Katia wrote:
I suppose I could just clear my notifications cache, but I really don't want to do that as I use the notifications as a reminder for some of my rps. I really only want to delete just the one notification.

This doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. Clearing the cache does not blank out all previous notifications, it just causes the site to go and re-fetch them all from scratch. It's useful if you have something that was corrupted or irrelevant in your cache. In all liklihood, you'd get that NSFW picture straight back.

Hope this helps a bit!
Katia Topic Starter

Thank you for the info Kim!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Option to delete a single notifcation. (COMPLETE)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus