Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Placing Images in Profile

Hello!

I'm having some trouble putting up some pictures on my profile... They all come from pinterest, and when I click the [img][/img] button at the top and insert my URL, it doesn't work (As shown by my current profile lol).

I know BBCode says "...only urls that end in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png will work. If there's anything else after the filename, it will fail."... So I guess my question is, does anyone know how to convert pinterest links to one of the files above?

For example, the link for an image I want to use is "https://pin.it/48J06co". How can I convert this link into .gif, .jpg, .jeg, or .png?

Sorry if this is a simple fix and I'm just overthinking it, I'm not good with tech!
Hey Verdant,

Try right clicking on the image and selecting 'Copy Image Address' (or 'Copy Image URL' depending on your browser). That will get you the actual path to the image that will usually end in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png.

Code:
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4f/41/65/4f4165b12abaab9964d5efdbffa5de59.jpg[/img]

4f4165b12abaab9964d5efdbffa5de59.jpg
Verdant Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey Verdant,

Try right clicking on the image and selecting 'Copy Image Address' (or 'Copy Image URL' depending on your browser). That will get you the actual path to the image that will usually end in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png.

Code:
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4f/41/65/4f4165b12abaab9964d5efdbffa5de59.jpg[/img]

4f4165b12abaab9964d5efdbffa5de59.jpg

Ah, thank you for your help! Finally got it working. :)
I'm going to go ahead and mention that there are times that won't work. It's not that the images aren't a png/gif/jpg, but rather that a going number of sites are taking measures to reduce hotlinking and image theft. Some find ways to prevent you from accessing the direct image url, others make it so the url will only display a filler image, and there may be others too.

Assuming you have the right to use an image when facing this issue (I used to hotlink my own dA images, but they block access to the correct URL now), all you can really do is find another place to upload. That can directly to a character's profile via the Gallery widget. :)
Verdant Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and mention that there are times that won't work. It's not that the images aren't a png/gif/jpg, but rather that a going number of sites are taking measures to reduce hotlinking and image theft. Some find ways to prevent you from accessing the direct image url, others make it so the url will only display a filler image, and there may be others too.

Assuming you have the right to use an image when facing this issue (I used to hotlink my own dA images, but they block access to the correct URL now), all you can really do is find another place to upload. That can directly to a character's profile via the Gallery widget. :)

Oh, I did not know this! Thank you for the information!

You are on: Forums » Help » Placing Images in Profile

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus