Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Who has played Randonautica and what happened?

I found out about this thing called Randonautica and did it with a few friends. She set the intention "money" and it took us to some parking meters. I think it is random coincidence, but I've got to admit, it was fun. Has anyone else engaged in this new Tiktok-related fad? What happened? What do you think about it?
I wanted to get into it but then read the stories about it sending people to go and see people with addiction or even crime scenes and voted against trying it.

I’m not sure if I believe in it working the way it is explained but no matter how it works, I do know that I don’t want to take the risk.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

SylOfficial wrote:
I wanted to get into it but then read the stories about it sending people to go and see people with addiction or even crime scenes and voted against trying it.

I’m not sure if I believe in it working the way it is explained but no matter how it works, I do know that I don’t want to take the risk.

That's a good point. Definitely can be a problem if you don't use common sense and not go onto private property or talk to strangers, etc. Also I guess there's no way to really be sure that it's just choosing a random location. I probably wouldn't have been willing to download it on my own phone, but my friend was all enthusiastic about it, so we endulged her. ;)
Abigail_Austin wrote:

That's a good point. Definitely can be a problem if you don't use common sense and not go onto private property or talk to strangers, etc. Also I guess there's no way to really be sure that it's just choosing a random location. I probably wouldn't have been willing to download it on my own phone, but my friend was all enthusiastic about it, so we endulged her. ;)

Honestly, I personally believe that it's all about your intentions. If your intentions are good and you aren't asking for it to find something dark, creepy or grim then it shouldn't be a problem and I'm pretty sure it can be a good app. Just personally not my jam.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

SylOfficial wrote:

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Who has played Randonautica and what happened?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus