Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A floof wants to play! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hi there! Ever have those days where you just need to do something different? Do something to help you unwind and take it a bit easy? Because I've been having a few, and I'd like to do something about that!

What I'm looking for is something fairly relaxed in terms of play, if not strictly in terms of subject matter. I'm not so interested in a high-combat situations right now, but dark themes are interesting. My player is.... she glances over at the passed-out bird creature on the couch and winces slighlty honestly kinda burnt out on RPs that either she's had to mostly run or things which are particularly highly intensive. And, well, I could use something less intensive, too. Don't worry, we won't slack in the slightest, we just don't want to have to plan elaborate situations, machinate particularly deviously cunning stratagems, or run more games at the moment. If you've got a story in mind and you need a player to help bring it to life, or a character and/or setting you want to have get some interaction time or development, we're happy to give it our all!

In short, we're interested in character interactions, setting exploration, and thinking about themes compared to a particularly specific plot (though plots are good). Also, we don't want to end up heavily running the game. OOC communication is a near must, though. Avitra likes to chat, I like to cut in and banter while players are talking, and all that other good stuff.

Rules/restrictions:
1) Like I said, for once I'm not really looking for a fight. No heavy combat focus this time.
2)No romance or frisky stuff, either, I'm a taken vixen and also really not interested in you that way, no matter who you are. (No, not even you, random presumably ideal in/succubus. Go away.)
3) I have no intention of being local to your setting, so as long as my tech and magic aren't impossible or absurdly problematic with the nature of the setting, that works for me. Also, I don't want to work out how to be altered to fit a setting at the moment.
4) I'm not planning on making too huge a splash anyway, if possible.
5) I'm not looking to be abused, so just don't.
6) Be willing to talk with both my player and myself OOC-ly. It may not happen, but it probably well. We get chatty.

Concepts/plot ideas ish:
I don't really have plot suggestions, but I have some concepts which could be interesting to explore, and some estimates on how long those explorations feel like they'd take:

1) Taking care of an alien/magical visitor (that would be me), and the general complications around that kind of person being where they shouldn't be. (medium/long)

2) Augmentation and cybertechnology: I obviously don't want to be shoved full of metal, it wouldn't play nice with my magic, but exploration around the concept is interesting, if.... look, the bird likes the idea, so I'll go along with it. I'm no stranger to helping out in strange places nor to being cloned (kinda, long story), if that helps inspire you at all. Definitely discuss on this one. (probably long)

3) Meditation and reconnecting with nature and the self. I don't know why I'd be helping you spiritually, or vice-versa, but it could happen! Probably has something to do with magic in some way. (short to medium)

4) Treatment of something, grooming, spa-experience, etc: Short duration care type things are nice, so if you feel like indulging me, that wouldn't be opposed! (short)

5) To cheat a bit, anything you want to do or try or plan, tell us about it! Honestly I'm just lookin' for something fun!

Genre settings are preeeetty much covered here, but a good summary. Please review the play and writing style information for that side of things (note, paragraphs strongly preferred, but shorter tolerated if it really seems more natural."
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene. Will be played one-on-one.

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Please don't expect an imminent response if you reply in the next 8-10 hours. It's about to be work-time for me. '^v^
This floof is a lot of fun and really prompt with the replies as well. Seriously if magic and sci-fi is your thing, then I'll put you'll have a lot of fun with Victi here.
Dangit Katia, that was my job!

But in all seriousness, Victi's a fun character to talk to. She's clever, she's cunning, she's all the things you'd want in a sci-fant. character and then some.

And don't even get me started on her player ;) Avi and I go way back- I've been talking to her almost as long as I've been on the internet -and she's the best if you're ever looking for OOC banter, 'specially past the basic small talk.
LovelyBookworm

I'm new to the site and am really just desperate to roleplay. I have a rp called 'The Distants' that I'm working on, but that's supposed to be intense, but I made a more casual character that I can just bend into any sort of roleplay. She's a 16 year old human girl named Roxy, I haven't made any big plot plans for her yet.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A floof wants to play! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus