Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » How To Train Your Dragon [😊] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I_Miss_Vine

Hiya! I'm recovering from a recent surge of ridiculousness at work (healthcare, its oof rn my dudes) and I'd like to get back into writing again.

What I offer:

- While I can't promise multiple replies a day due to my work schedule and other commitments, I'll certainly attempt several replies a week.

- I write multi-paragraph, third person, with detail in scenery and also expressions/posture/gestures for my characters, be it humans or, in this case, dragons. I like the extra oomph and realism.

- I like to build stories with my partners for joint effort: I won't command the entire story and don't expect, or want, my partners to either.

- Ooc chatter and communication to discuss and further roleplay ideas. I'm prone to "adult language" and would prefer those who aren't going to be offended if I drop the occasional 12 f bombs lol.

- Like my username says I rly miss Vine so I'll probably say Vine references and other dumb meme things in ooc idk that's a plus, right?

- Option to use Discord (I prefer it actually, but not opposed to staying on RPR)

What I'm looking for:

- Advanced literate multi-paragraph writers.

- Decent activity, preferably at least one reply a week, but I totally understand life happening.

- Romance between characters is an option, but it would need to be slowburn and not the prime focus of the story. Not looking for ERP currently, but mature themes (injuries, blood, trauma, etc) are very appreciated.

- A mix of lighthearted comedy, adventure, drama, the whole nine yards. I like a good mix of character development and I'm not fond of stagnation where the same events happen on a loop.

HTTYD specific thoughts and plots:

- I'd prefer to keep to canon events with the main storyline throughout the movieverse. No negating of canon character deaths (I'm sorry but Stoic is gone ok) or changing timelines or details as we know them. Should a place in time during the movies be selected, I would prefer between 2 and 3, but I'm also open to prior and current timelines but while expanding into made up locations/tribes/etc (IE a different island settlement than Berk).

- As much as I used to really cringe at making Night Fury and Light Fury ocs, I nonetheless have my own Night Fury, for an alternate place in the timeline prior to the species near-extinction. She's a little older and kind of grumpy and slow to trust, but can still be fun to use with humans or other dragons.

- Timberjacks are one of my favorite dragons, and I also have a couple of them I've fiddled about with. Given their tendency to not touch the ground for extremely long periods of time, and my tendency to like giving my characters really bad days on occasion, I'm more than happy to work out details for an injury that causes one to be grounded (temporarily or permanantly, both are options).

- As far as Vikings go, I have a few characters at my disposal and I am also always up for creating them on the spot. Different ends of the spectrum of dragon love/hate are fun for me to play around with, and having characters who previously viewed dragons in a hostile light and forcing them to see a different perspective is always something I'm game for.

I'm also 100% open to other ideas and sort of building them up around other characters, and I have some more thoughts in my brain as well. Best way to respond to this is through PMs, and I'll get back to any questions/interest asap.

Thanks for looking!
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 40%
Romance is slightly desired, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » How To Train Your Dragon [😊] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus