Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Basilisk Call (Medieval Fantasy) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Sieg Roth (played by strawberry_champion)

Somewhere between nightfall and the fog of dawn, the border town had gone silent. More than silent- reduced to a ghost town, it felt ask if everything had simply stopped.

Days had gone by with no word. No merchants or farmers exiting the city, no patrols on the walls that surrounded it. Those who arrived in the city quickly left, if they were lucky- seeing the inhabitants frozen to stone was bad enough, but whatever lingered in the dark corners and alleyways wasn’t keen on letting people leave so easily.

The only signs of human life occurred in the late hours of night, where a dim light could be seen in the fortress overlooking the city. Inside, a (really pathetic) mage (could you even call him that?) poured over tomes, trying to undo the damage he had done. And when a week passed, he donned a heavy black cloak, slinking out in the cover of darkness to flee.

———

Not looking for a large group- perhaps three others to take part. Sieg’s “accidentally” introduced a den of particularly irritated basilisks to a village, thanks to what, you’ll find out.

There will be some dice use in this- mostly in regards to the event you clash with a basilisk, depending on the route you take. This can result in combat or end peacefully, depending on who all encompasses the team.

Disclaimer: This is my first time starting an RP that may encompass dice use to determine results. It will be simplified with the exception of saving throws in the result of possible petrification.Have mercy, I’m trying to learn.

I’m open to many different roles here- the city Sieg is fleeing is a major border fiefdom, and as such may draw an assortment of people there. Perhaps you’ve arrived seeking work, or heard rumors of the events occurring. If it’s easier, Sieg could possibly recruit your character into helping him- or perhaps you run into him while he flees, winding up entangled in his disaster. He’s a walking mess, either option isn’t out of his character.

Just let me know who or what you have in mind, and I’m sure we can get something started.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

would Wesley fit? He is a peasant/wood logger
kungpowdragon23

Ooh! I'd love to jump in on this, if you'll have me, but I'm a bit indecisive right now on who to play. Would you rather my roguish mess Raed, a helpful/patient mage in Kita, or my adventuring magician's apprentice/magic fox Rick?
Rina Yilrae Lin-Daltis (played anonymously)

If you're looking about I can always offer my mess of a soldier Rina, she's certainly got the will, if not the skills to try helping out something like this
Sieg Roth (played by strawberry_champion) Topic Starter

Tus, Forta and Rina, I’d LOVE to have y’all on board! I think Wesley would make an interesting fit, especially getting roped into Sieg’s disaster. Maybe he could be a resident of the city who managed to evade the Basilisks?

KungPow, I’d love to have you too!! You accidentally linked a page editing link, could you send the character link 😅😅

Forta, I think either Kita or Rick would make good choices- Sieg is garbage with magic but seems very bent on using magic to fix this issue- not to mention someone who may be able to fix petrification would be handy to say the least.

Rina would be a great fit :) she could be stationed in the fortress, or even have it where Sieg reached out privately for assistance, though that’s require a set relationship for them prior to this.

:) Edited
Extra characters (played anonymously)

Rina Yilrae Lin-Daltis (played anonymously)

Sieg Roth wrote:

Rina would be a great fit :) she could be stationed in the fortress, or even have it where Sieg reached out privately for assistance, though that’s require a set relationship for them prior to this.

Him having reached out to her could work well, as could her just stumbling along and deciding that she wants to help, if you'd like we could discuss further in PM?

I’m assuming you mean Morena, in which case I would Love to her join up! Sieg is absolutely feral so it’d be really fun to see him clash with someone like her.

Rina, I’ll shoot you a PM :D

I’ll close this off now since we have enough players, hopefully we can get this started in a couple days!

Yup 2 unpredictable people should be Intersting.
Sieg Roth wrote:

Forta, I think either Kita or Rick would make good choices- Sieg is garbage with magic but seems very bent on using magic to fix this issue- not to mention someone who may be able to fix petrification would be handy to say the least.

Then I'll go with Kita, since he's most likely of the two to make good choices, and has a better handle on mending magical mishaps. XD
Rick's heart is in the right place, but his skill most certainly is not.
Sieg Roth wrote:
I’m assuming you mean Morena, in which case I would Love to her join up! Sieg is absolutely feral so it’d be really fun to see him clash with someone like her.

Rina, I’ll shoot you a PM :D

I’ll close this off now since we have enough players, hopefully we can get this started in a couple days!

Just checking in. Hope everything's good and relatively stress-free!

Hey y’all I’m so sorry. When that hurricane hit, everything just crashed and burned, and I didn’t realize it was going to put me out of commission for what, almost a month? It was ridiculous.

Anyways, interest check- do we still have everyone on board for this? I’ll reopen it if we need more people.

I am.
Oof. I hope everything's okay now!

I'm still up for this.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Basilisk Call (Medieval Fantasy) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus