Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA helping Special needs who learn differently

kungpowdragon23

Hi im kungpow a former martial artist and have needs of my own. I also use to be at and help at a neurological development school. Who specialize in people with special needs and i use to help when i visit. I have seen many miracles. those who helped me and taught me that your disability can become gift. Feel free to ask about things.
Auberon Moderator

What school of martial arts did you train in, and how did you find your disability impacted the ways in which you trained?
kungpowdragon23 Topic Starter

I did karate. I was alway had problems matching others and learning curtain things. I i always wanted to make everybody happy and get approval.But my teacher researched and study how to help different people. He realized i learned very fast and that i help him put things away and clean after classes. Once i reached a level where i could teach others. He showed and taught me how to connect with them. I learned they suffered similar to me but different. So i learned I could relate to that and just learned sometimes seeing and being diffrent was not bad and nobody the same. I even made some of my closest partnerships that way. I could connect on a level some of my peers could not. So i learned by accepting myself i could help them. So i learned to view my experiences as a way to relate and not as bad but to use to help others. Suffering not fun. But sometimes it helps you grow and help you in the future.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA helping Special needs who learn differently

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus