Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon - Eeveelutions in SPACE! (Space (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Pokemon OCs (played by Riik)

The Universe is a big place. With a big range of species. Each with their own needs and capabilities. But when bipeds are a vast majority in the world of sapient civilisation, adapting becomes a chore for those with other anatomical configurations. For mammalian quadrupeds, not only is there the difficulty of trying to operate machinery built for opposable fingers, but also a stigma that wrongly assumes one is a wild animal. In such a situation, it is not easy being a hero.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

6ekogNf.png Arthur made his way through the crowd of the cantina, nudging his way between knees and the occasional tail as he approached the busy bar. Through his eye-glass, the view from the small spherical scanner drone that hovered above him allowed him to see past the forest of legs and navigate his way toward his otherwise obscured destination. His little pink paws padded their way across the ground in near silence compared to the clumsy bootsteps of the other patrons, and more than once he had almost been stepped on by accident on account of his quiet nature. But at last, he made it to his destination and clambered awkwardly up onto the tall barstool.

A moment of scrabbling and wiggling later and the sylveon found himself sat upon the seat, gazing over the counter in front of him toward the bartending beings beyond. Perhaps here he would strike lucky. Perhaps here, amongst this diverse crowd, he would find another quadrupedal being to serve as his much-need adventuring partner. With his ship built with quadrupedal anatomy in mind - along with much of the equipment stored therein - a bipedal co-pilot was out of the question. And Arthur was feeling oh so lonely from all the time travelling alone. Perhaps today, luck was on his side...

This is kinda a weird idea, I know, but I love sci-fi and I love pokémon (at least as a selection of species... the concept of the world of pokémon, not so much...) and I love sylveon so... why not put the three together? I also have a fondness for cuteness and experimenting with the logistics of inhuman anatomy. So what better way than having a pair of quadrupeds with a specially-designed ship try to hero their way across a galaxy of bipeds?

In terms of what kind of character I'm looking for in a partner, technically they don't have to be a Pokémon, but my preference is eeveelution > other kind of pokémon quadruped > other kind of quadruped. For the latter two, something of similar size to a sylveon would be preferred.

As for the setting... well that's up for debate. I have right now a preference for setting it in either a wholly original setting, the Star Trek universe or the Babylon 5 universe. Star Wars would be fine, but it'd have to be Legends because I know next to nothing about the Disney canon, nor particularly care to.

My preference of ship would be something between the sizes of a Star Trek Runabout and the Millennium Falcon. Something sorta like Lucy from Killjoys.

Perhaps something like the Nodan fighter from X4
ggiDvEx.jpg
Though maybe slightly scaled up and with a modified cockpit and interior to not only allow use for a 2-man crew of quadrupeds, but also to make use of all the wasted space.

Or as an alternative, the Imperial Clipper from Elite Dangerous
Imperial-Clipper-ship-flying-space.png
With a modified cockpit, of course.

With regard to Pokémon abilities, I suppose they are fair game, given quadrupedal pokémon can hardly really carry guns around.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Pokemon OCs (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Updated some details/options
pixl.Bee

Heya, I know this was posted quite some time ago, but if you're still up for it I'd be happy to do this RP with you (or any other RP where both of our characters are Pokémon and they can get up to cute shenanigans.) I don't have a character profile made up right now, but I'd probably play as an Umbreon or Leafeon.

pixl.bee wrote:
Heya, I know this was posted quite some time ago, but if you're still up for it I'd be happy to do this RP with you (or any other RP where both of our characters are Pokémon and they can get up to cute shenanigans.) I don't have a character profile made up right now, but I'd probably play as an Umbreon or Leafeon.

Definitely still up for it. Let me know in a PM what your preferences are for setting, ship, etc and we can work something out.

Giving this a little cheeky bump, given it's had over a year to get lost in the forums.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon - Eeveelutions in SPACE! (Space (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus