Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Character slots...

JetStorm

So I have used up my wand(S) of epicness,and I know it gives a person extra slots. But when my time is up,will all my characters disappear? Because I think I deleted a few that I made before I was an epic member and replaced the ones I deleted with other characters. Another question,If I used a cloak before my membership,would that slot disappear as well?
Try here: :)

Character Slots FAQ

But short answer - they don't disappear, you just won't be able to edit the ones that are filling slots given by your epic membership.

The cloak slots are permanent.
JetStorm Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Try here: :)

Character Slots FAQ

But short answer - they don't disappear, you just won't be able to edit the ones that are filling slots given by your epic membership.

The cloak slots are permanent.

Alright,thank you
Juls beat me to it!
But to clarify, a “cloak slot” is a slot granted by a cloak or another item that specifically grants slots, such as a Dragon’s Tooth. If your Epicness runs out, the last ten characters by order of creation cannot be edited, but you can still use them.

If your use of the slots would result in being five slots over when Epicness runs out, a Dragon’s Tooth could be a way to unlock those excess slots for editing again.
JetStorm Topic Starter

Xenoworlds_Inhabitan wrote:
Juls beat me to it!
But to clarify, a “cloak slot” is a slot granted by a cloak or another item that specifically grants slots, such as a Dragon’s Tooth. If your Epicness runs out, the last ten characters by order of creation cannot be edited, but you can still use them.

If your use of the slots would result in being five slots over when Epicness runs out, a Dragon’s Tooth could be a way to unlock those excess slots for editing again.

So none of the characters go away after the epicness wears off and their still usable?
Shadeslayer45

correct.the only thing to happen to character slots granted by epic membership when said membership expires is you lose the ability to edit the character that were made using epic membership. the character occupying the slot can be used but it can not be edited.

to summarize if you use all ten slots granted by epic membership then lose your epic membership you lose the ability to edit that character you however do not lose the ability to use any one of the ten made during your membership and like xeno said using any item that grants slots will ¨unlock¨ the slot that was used when you were an epic member
JetStorm Topic Starter

shadeslayer45 wrote:
correct.the only thing to happen to character slots granted by epic membership when said membership expires is you lose the ability to edit the character that were made using epic membership. the character occupying the slot can be used but it can not be edited.

to summarize if you use all ten slots granted by epic membership then lose your epic membership you lose the ability to edit that character you however do not lose the ability to use any one of the ten made during your membership and like xeno said using any item that grants slots will ¨unlock¨ the slot that was used when you were an epic member

Ah,okay.
Kim Site Admin

Are epic character slots different than permanent character slots?
Yes. The slots provided by an Epic Membership expire as soon as your Epic Membership runs out. At that time, if you have more characters than slots, the excess characters (the ones you created LAST) will end up locked from editing. You can still post with them, but you will not be able to change their profiles until you have enough slots for them to live in again.

Permanent character slots, such as those provided by cloaks and dragon's teeth, will never expire.
JetStorm Topic Starter

Okay,thank you for the help everyone.
Rogue-Scribe

Kim wrote:
The slots provided by an Epic Membership expire as soon as your Epic Membership runs out. At that time, if you have more characters than slots, the excess characters (the ones you created LAST) will end up locked from editing. You can still post with them, but you will not be able to change their profiles until you have enough slots for them to live in again.

Permanent character slots, such as those provided by cloaks and dragon's teeth, will never expire.

Thanks Kim for explaining the Epic character slots are the last characters created. Over the two years I’ve been here, I was never really clear on which character slots were the Epic ones.

You are on: Forums » Help » Character slots...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus