Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Getting back into the RP game

Hello!

My name is Oz, I used to RP as a kid with my friends and felt like getting back into it as an adult. I used to like very freeform but not too long paragraphs in my roleplay. I think they used to be dialogue-heavy but I can probably try to change that with my improved writing abilities. (lol) I hope to meet some new friends here that are willing to work with me as I get back into the swing of things. Hopefully, get some help, and inspiration to make more adventurous and creative characters.

I am definitely inspired by Japanese pop culture, as it was my major in university. . My hobbies are drawing and crafts more recently, but hopefully this will get me back into creative writing.

Thanks for reading this far, lets be friends!
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome Oz to RP Repository! Hoping you find RP Repository a fun place to be!

Here is a useful link to help you get started deeper into your journey here on RP Repository ...
'Getting Started' Guide

I see you have created a character already! If you want to know more about character-pages here on RP Repository and all you can do with them, this link has a lot of helpful information on navigating the processes...
'Character Creation' Guide

Happy RP'ng!
Hey Oz, welcome back to the world of roleplaying! Glad to see you here. I hope you find lots of RP partners and make tons of new friends. Welcome to RP Repository.

Don't forget to have lots of fun! :D
Primrose-Chan

Welcome to RPR, Oz! I hope we can become friends and you become very comfortable and happy with the platform!
legendofotaku Topic Starter

Primrose-Chan wrote:
Welcome to RPR, Oz! I hope we can become friends and you become very comfortable and happy with the platform!

Thank you so much, nice to meet you!
legendofotaku Topic Starter

xSethx wrote:
Hey Oz, welcome back to the world of roleplaying! Glad to see you here. I hope you find lots of RP partners and make tons of new friends. Welcome to RP Repository.

Don't forget to have lots of fun! :D

Thank you! cool icon btw :)
Hi, welcome to RPR!
Hello, and welcome to RPR! I hope you'll have a great time here. :)

I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra! We are both otaku, perhaps? Ahaha. At least, I like anime and manga and various forms of Japanese/other Asian pop culture, and also I am into Jpop. And a little bit of Kpop. And some Cpop. Those all classify as Asian pop culture, though... Hang on.... O.o :) :,) Whoops. In any case. The dropdown menu is great! It's full of nice things. Uh. There are Forums, Threads, and Groups here, all of which are lovely things... There are RP Prompts and lots of nice characters... There are games and themes and options and rules and suggestions and Help and Bug Reports and lots of nice people! Hehe. It's lovely. Anyway, you can message me sometime if you like. Or I can message you! Who knows? Just let me know and I'll unleash the Barrage of Emojis. (Actually, I was going to do that anyway.)
Ah, do you watch anime? Or read manga? If you do, and have a favorite, which one's your favorite? :D I like the Durarara anime. I haven't read the manga yet though. I like the concept of Magical Girls and Boys but I haven't seen that many anime with them in it... Not the usual ones, at least. Hehe. I like actual real books, too, and I read fanfiction... And I read web comics... And I read other stuff, like articles. I don't play any music, technically, I suppose. But I like to listen to it! :D And my favorite RP genres are probably High Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Medieval Sci-fi crossover. Huahaha.
Ah, that's fun. I don't usually unleash my anime talk a whooole lot. But 'otaku' is in your name, so maybe you don't mind? Then again, maybe you only play video games. Haha. I like those, also! :P Usually!
Umm, I also like animals, and cooking, and plants, and stuff like that.
What's your major, if you don't mind? :D
Ah, well, maybe we'll see each other around the site later? Who knows? I sure don't, haha.

Anyway, that's about all from me, so take care! Be good, have fun, stay creative and cool and everything, have a great time, and follow the rules, and maybe don't get too carried away! You have to get rest and drink some water some time, right? Hahaha. Ah. Byebye! :) :D :P :) :D
-Shinyrainbowlithogra :) :P
:) :) :) :P :( :) :3 ;D ;) :) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3:) :) :) :D ;) ;D :)
Great to have you! Welcome to RPR.
legendofotaku wrote:
Hello!

My name is Oz, I used to RP as a kid with my friends and felt like getting back into it as an adult. I used to like very freeform but not too long paragraphs in my roleplay. I think they used to be dialogue-heavy but I can probably try to change that with my improved writing abilities. (lol) I hope to meet some new friends here that are willing to work with me as I get back into the swing of things. Hopefully, get some help, and inspiration to make more adventurous and creative characters.

I am definitely inspired by Japanese pop culture, as it was my major in university. . My hobbies are drawing and crafts more recently, but hopefully this will get me back into creative writing.

Thanks for reading this far, lets be friends!

Welcome Oz! I totally understand about dialogues, I was chastised for writing too "wordy" ones in another platform. Luckily here I have only met great players who have helped me a lot developing my skills :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Getting back into the RP game

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus