Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Birthdays (ADDED)

JetStorm

Just a silly little idea I had, what if there were birthdays for the characters we created? (also so i'd know when I created them.)
Rogue-Scribe

Hey Jetty, a good simple way to do this is in the ‘Basic Info’ widget. The Character Wizard has predetermined topics when a character is created but not all the topics are usually used. Simply put in one you won’t be using the date you are creating the character, and after you finish the profile, go back in and edit the basic info widget line name to ‘Born’ or ‘Created On’.

Another way is to put a ‘birthday’ line in the ‘history’ section when creating.
You could even start a group thread, etc. to celebrate characters' birthdays! :)
Lets go further on this though....

Our characters message us when we have a birthday, why not have the same feature? Where it's notified with people who follow the character? And only that?

Obviously it would spam if we didn't want to follow all your characters...so maybe having it auto follow the users characters as well as the user itself immediately should be....reapproached to where if you befriend a user, you only follow user and choose which characters to follow.
I think a little character birthday notification could be cute as a little flavor feature!

In a similar vein, maybe a place to see how old any specific character profile is? Similar to the account age, just a private little place to see a little detail
Having read this I'm strongly considering arbitrarily assigning birthdays to all of my characters and celebrating them in some way. Definitely love this idea.
pixl.Bee

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Having read this I'm strongly considering arbitrarily assigning birthdays to all of my characters and celebrating them in some way. Definitely love this idea.
I do this :) Well, I don't really celebrate 'em but my characters all have birthdays and I acknowledge them when they come up. Sometimes I assign specific dates because of symbolism, but sometimes certain dates just seem.. right
Kim Site Admin

We actually had the ability to see the exact date and time you created a character for a very long time. It looks like it got lost in the site rebuild, but it wouldn't take much to put it back.
Kim Site Admin

Alrighty, it's been added back to character management pages.
JetStorm Topic Starter

Kim wrote:

Thanks Kim 😊
Rogue-Scribe

Kim wrote:
We actually had the ability to see the exact date and time you created a character for a very long time. It looks like it got lost in the site rebuild, but it wouldn't take much to put it back.
I never knew that!
Kim wrote:
Thanks for re-adding it!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Birthdays (ADDED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus