Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Private Messages Erasing Progress

Hi! I was just curious if anyone else is having this problem who is a private message RP’er, as I’m not sure what to do.

I’ve established that my RPR refuses to remember me from my phone, every time it doesn’t remember me, but it logs me out. My phone remembers the password and username for auto fill purposes, but it usually takes 3 attempts to log on using that as it gives me the timeout message error, but I’m starting to feel like it’s implemented itself farther. I am a private message role player, that’s where all my RP’s are. But it’s like every time, I’ll get halfway through a response, or up into 6 paragraphs and it will suddenly just log me out of my account, erasing my entire response, leaving me contemplating for a moment the meaning to life.

I don’t know what to do..I’ve been having to split my responses into multiple messages.
I dunno if this help but have you tried changing your password? Perhaps I am just paranoid but you needing to attempt to log in multiple times in combination with your random log outs just reminds me of when my password was taken on an old website I was on, the random log outs were the person logging in at a different location.

Otherwise, I could only suggest as a temporary fix being to write your responses on another website (google docs for mobile, or even a notepad) and then copy pasting them into your RPR PM.
Rhythm Topic Starter

:) I had to change the password when I got back on the website about a week or two ago. I had forgot the password, and it was with the new password it asked if I wanted it remembered. It’s only when I try to use the autofill does it make me try multiple times. If I enter it manually it works.

But it’s not even that that I mind..it’s just it randomly logging me out that it gets to me
Hmm, try erasing your cookies. That should wipe your passwords and website data, then you can enter your new password into your auto fill, and who knows, maybe it will fix the issue. Cookies are responsible for password and login data, so perhaps one got corrupted.

You can just erase them from RPR so you won't have to worry about your other websites
pixl.Bee

this won't directly solve the issue of you getting logged out randomly, but I'd recommend maybe writing out your RP responses somewhere else (like a notes app or Docs or Word or something along those lines), then copy/pasting them into the reply box when you're ready to send them. that way, you at least won't have to worry about losing progress while the issue is being sorted out.
Kim Site Admin

Section wrote:
I dunno if this help but have you tried changing your password? Perhaps I am just paranoid but you needing to attempt to log in multiple times in combination with your random log outs just reminds me of when my password was taken on an old website I was on, the random log outs were the person logging in at a different location.

Since we allow people to be logged in from multiple devices, being logged out does not indicate someone else logging in. (Though it might indicate someone else logging out? Super duper wildly unlikely in this particular case though.)
Rhythm wrote:
:) I had to change the password when I got back on the website about a week or two ago. I had forgot the password, and it was with the new password it asked if I wanted it remembered. It’s only when I try to use the autofill does it make me try multiple times. If I enter it manually it works.
Sounds like the auto-fill somehow remembered the wrong info! I would go into your password manager and wipe out whatever it has remembered for the RPR, so you can get it to remember afresh.
Rhythm wrote:
But it’s not even that that I mind..it’s just it randomly logging me out that it gets to me
This does sound wildly frustrating.! Is this only happening from your phone? Do you have a laptop or computer that behaves better? This might help us to track down the problem if we know it's device specific.
Rhythm wrote:
will suddenly just log me out of my account, erasing my entire response,

Hi I just wanted to mention that this used to happen to me ALL THE TIME when I was using both firefox and my phones build in browser. I would get logged out constantly and sometimes it would tell me I wasn't logged in, but if I closed the tab, closed the browser, then reopened, and put rpr back in, I would be logged in.

So I would recommend using chrome if you don't, on your phone. If you do, I would delete you rpr cache and reset the settings for RPR entirely, log in, save password, and see if it gets better.
Raspberry_Beret

Hi there Rythem,

I'm a Private Message RPer too. This was happening to me on Firefox (Mercy mentioned it as well) and stopped when I went to Chrome. I'm not sure if that helps you out, but it's what fixed my issue entirely.

The situation also inspired me to write my replies in a Google doc first and then copy-paste it. I know Pixl.Bee suggested something similar and I concur that it's helpful. I've been writing a draft to save in case of a log out ever since I had this issue. I really hope this helps you out.

Gal
Rhythm Topic Starter

Rhythm wrote:
This does sound wildly frustrating.! Is this only happening from your phone? Do you have a laptop or computer that behaves better? This might help us to track down the problem if we know it's device specific.[/quote]

It’s only from my phone. My laptop never has this occur. I’m sorry I didn’t notice your reply!
Rhythm Topic Starter

Gaeilge_Banrion wrote:
Hi there Rythem,

I'm a Private Message RPer too. This was happening to me on Firefox (Mercy mentioned it as well) and stopped when I went to Chrome. I'm not sure if that helps you out, but it's what fixed my issue entirely.

The situation also inspired me to write my replies in a Google doc first and then copy-paste it. I know Pixl.Bee suggested something similar and I concur that it's helpful. I've been writing a draft to save in case of a log out ever since I had this issue. I really hope this helps you out.

Gal

I use Safari on my phone. I’ve been writing my responses in the meantime in my notepad app before pasting it into the chat box, similar to what you do.

You are on: Forums » Help » Private Messages Erasing Progress

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus