Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Ads for tabletop games/specific systems?

I know this is primarily an FFRPG board so I don't expect the advert section would really accommodate people wanting to find TTRPGs but I was wondering if there is any space on the board where one might be allowed to advertise?

I ask because all the places for advertising TTRPGs online are ruthlessly dominated by systems like D&D and PF2, and anyone (like me) wanting to run obscure indie systems has their adverts buried. I assume a board of people who are more accustomed toward/interested in narrative experiences would be more receptive to the kind of systems I want to run.

This question brought to you by: Someone desperate and losing their mind. :D
Kim Site Admin

Sure, post on the LFRP board as you please. :)
Aardbei Topic Starter

... Really?

Even if it's a PBP on Discord or something? That's fine?
Aardbei wrote:
... Really?

Even if it's a PBP on Discord or something? That's fine?

Folks advertise for discord RPs there all the time! :)
I was wondering if you were trying to ask for some sort of specific tagging/filter system beyond the regular search, but if you were just unsure about it being okay to post something specific to different sorts of games or sites - yeah, absolutely! RPR was actually originally just a character storage site, with boards to RP added in more as an afterthought since, well, people were already here. Posts for Discord games are common. Posts for Furcadia games used to be fairly common. Posts to set up games on other various sites continue to show up, and some folks straddle multiple sites if that's what works (for example, awhile back I was in a TTRPG that had RP posts in a group here on RPR, handled combat maps, some dice rolls, and general ambience [mostly musical] through Roll20, and the vast majority of OOC via Skype).

So long as the public posting keeps within the "PG13-ish" content rating and the RP you're looking for isn't actually illegal or against the very few things RPR explicitly forbids (which is all pretty extreme, sensitive content stuff), you can make an LFRP post for basically any game, any system, to be played in any place/format.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
I was wondering if you were trying to ask for some sort of specific tagging/filter system beyond the regular search, but if you were just unsure about it being okay to post something specific to different sorts of games or sites - yeah, absolutely! RPR was actually originally just a character storage site, with boards to RP added in more as an afterthought since, well, people were already here. Posts for Discord games are common. Posts for Furcadia games used to be fairly common. Posts to set up games on other various sites continue to show up, and some folks straddle multiple sites if that's what works (for example, awhile back I was in a TTRPG that had RP posts in a group here on RPR, handled combat maps, some dice rolls, and general ambience [mostly musical] through Roll20, and the vast majority of OOC via Skype).

So long as the public posting keeps within the "PG13-ish" content rating and the RP you're looking for isn't actually illegal or against the very few things RPR explicitly forbids (which is all pretty extreme, sensitive content stuff), you can make an LFRP post for basically any game, any system, to be played in any place/format.

Huh... Thanks. I appreciate the answer. I honestly did not expect to get a 'yes' on this but figured, shot in the dark, I might as well ask.

I'll definitely try posting an ad and seeing if anyone's interested, when I can properly set a game up.

Also... People still play Furcadia? Wow. I haven't heard that name in over a decade.

You are on: Forums » Help » Ads for tabletop games/specific systems?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus