Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Howdy Y'all! I'm new here!

Hey hey folks! My name is Gerard, but you can call me Gee, Gerry, etc! How has everyone been? As the title states, I am brand new to this forum... but not brand new to rping!

I have been rping for... probably I'd say 7 years now! I started rping like... on minecraft haha, but eventually I moved on to doing even more as I improved over the years! I always find rping enjoyable because I love to talk to and collaborate with other writers to create new and fun stories and share ideas and characters with! I absolutely love doing slice of life rps in modern universes, but with little aspects of fantasy, drama, even comedy and all that fun stuff. I haven't done rps with anyone in a little while, I always rp with friends casually over discord, but I'm definitely looking for some stuff that's a little more writing based! I just love doing new stuff with new people, it keeps my life interesting, ya know? I'm always looking for new partners!

Now, here's a little about me that isn't rp related! As you can tell by my username, I am an artist! I draw a little bit every day, and I do share my drawings with the world through social media sites. I am a digital artist mostly but I am very open to drawing all different kinds of ways and drawing all different kinds of things. I usually use art to draw my own characters and tell my own stories with, and I do plan on making a full comic at some point in the future! Hopefully, near future.

I am definitely a writer, which is probably obvious haha, I mostly write in an rp sense but I work on my own original stories from time to time!

I also am very much someone who enjoys music. Many a times I find myself sitting and listening to the same music on repeat, haha. My favorite genre of music is definitely the whole metal genre, and my favorite bands I would consider to be Primus (Or anything with Les Claypool involved tbh), and System of a Down. I collect CDs and I also collect records, and I even have a good few instruments I know how to play myself. I know how to play the violin, piano, a little bit of guitar, I have a ukulele, a kalimba, and some day I hope I can get my own bass guitar and learn how to play drums even!

I enjoy going outside and going for walks, I like water so I enjoy going to the beach or the pools and one of my favorite pastimes is fishing.

I am still a student and I'm currently on vacation for the summer so I will have a bit of free time to talk to others and rp! However, if I get busy, it's probably related to my workload. I try to be very active at all times, however.

I dunno really what else to say or talk about so- that's all!

I hope to get talking to people and rping soon! I will be around to answer messages and all. I don't bite, definitely don't be afraid to reach out to me if you think we'll get along! I can be awkward but I like to think im friendly and sociable for the most part.

Thank y'all for reading!
Welcome to RPR, Gerard! :)
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Forum Rules
This should be your first step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
gerardmakesweirdart Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Welcome to RPR, Gerard! :)

Thank you so much! I'm excited to be here!
gerardmakesweirdart Topic Starter

Arekkusu wrote:
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Forum Rules
This should be your first step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)

Thank you!! Thank you for the list as well, it's very useful!
Luminescent_Snow

Welcome to RPR, Gerard!
d5484f103deec4337249bd1654ef4c43.gif

WELCOME TO RPR!

It's very nice to meet you, Gerry.
I really do hope you enjoy your stay and have lots of fun roleplaying and befriending awesome and talented players.
Plus, don't be shy to ask questions or look for help. Everyone here is very friendly.
Stay safe and take care always!

Lots and Lots of LOVE,
<3 HIBARI <3

PS. Want to know how to style text? Check out this link!
Welcome to RPR, we hope you enjoy your time here and find the rps and people you are looking for!
Welcome to RPR, Gerry! :D

giphy.gif
Hey, welcome to RPR!!
Hello and welcome to RPR!
Hello! :)
Hello and welcome! I'm sure you will find plenty of fun people to RP with here, I've had some of my absolute best RP's on this site!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Howdy Y'all! I'm new here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus