Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: A seasonal fairy

Hi! This is my thread for my collabative OC. I had a LOT of fun last year, if you'd like to see the character created from my thread last year will all your help, here they are.

Here's the three starting points/words, to take however you take and run with them.

1. Fairy (this is a broad term, whatever 'fairy' means to you)

2. Seasonal theme/abilities/etc, of some sort.

3. Blood. (Interpret this how you will.)
Kim Site Admin

It's a winter fairy, but their job is actually to break the grip of winter each year and bring about spring. The rites to do this involves the blood of humans. Each day after the winter solstice, the rite is performed, weakening winter bit by bit until spring finally arrives. Possibly they are the sole fairy in charge of this, or there are many, and they share the responsibility of finding a sacrifice and all meet together to do the rite collectively.
Hmm how about an Autumn fairy with a warm tone color scheme to match the season. They are in charge of making the season progress from the very first signs like the first leaf falling to the very last leaf falling. This fairy would enjoy Halloween since its the night where they can mingle with mortals without any consequences. Maybe they're from an important bloodline in Fairy society or maybe they from a very frowned upon bloodline like maybe half human.
A winter fairy who tries to fulfill wishes for those who are gentle / understanding to fairy-people, whether on purpose or not... They get very frustrated when Santa gets credit for their gifts lol
plastic-glass

Here's some thoughts ^^
    - I'm thinking a spring themed fairy that specifically works in the realm of, like, harvest and plant growing. Maybe they particularly bring abundance to people who desperately need the food/whatever else they're growing while sort of punishing the ones who don't need it or are just bad people
    - Maybe they've been banished from the fairy realm or whatever and have to do this job for a while before being allowed back?
    - Perhaps they have an old friend/lover/family member that they really miss or something, they don't necessarily have to be dead, just somewhere else where they can't reach them

I'm thinking maybe the ominous "blood" thought more refers to the fairy having blood on their hands related to the reason they were banished. Maybe they killed someone or otherwise got someone hurt
A Christmas(y) Tooth Fairy

1. Background: They were originally born a human, (or other bulky, strong race) with quite a burly physique.

Their superior strength led to our character becoming a bully against those smaller/younger/weaker.

After beating up someone at the local park, the victim had a nasty nose bleed and lost a tooth by the end of the random attack.

The morning after the fight, our character awakens on that same spot at the park, to find themselves turned into a petite fairy with a long list of teeth to collect, without spilling blood, or causing any hurt or scares while doing so. Some teeth have fallen already and are under pillows, others are just broken or loose and need to be nudged out gently. Each tooth taken requiring a gift to be left behind.

The curse will continue until they can do enough acts of kindness/bring happiness to others.

The fact they can summon gifts and grant wishes makes our chracter perfect for the coming Christmas/Winter season.

When they were human, they would have never dared to think themselves as Santa's helper but, perhaps helping Santa/others will reap its rewards.
Perhaps something out of Asian or Old English/Norse lore, as those seem to have lots of types of fairies. Perhaps it helps out in exchange for blood? Or like plastic-glass said, maybe they have blood on their hands. Maybe they're trying to repent?
As for their seasonality, I don't know if you want them to represent a season or just have something to do with one, so maybe it's a fairy creature that can change forms throughout the seasons! Shed them, like a snake?! Or it has a level-up of sorts every few years (this is why I think Asian mythology would be good because you could use the Chinese calendar for some sort of zodiac power or something).
As for looks, maybe it would have black hair and a really creepy look in its eyes, but a really sweet smile! Or maybe it has no face, or hides its face?
:)
MercyInReach Topic Starter

I love so many of these ideas!

I could use more ideas on their:

appearance

personality
maybe the character's appearance changes throughout the year, with the seasons. like hair that gradually changes in its colour, going through a whole spectrum of hues and shades throughout the year. (I was picturing hair that is black in the winter, slowly lightening as spring draws near, then going through different shades of blonde to brown throughout spring and summer. then in fall the brown would darken and perhaps gain tints of red and/or gold, to go with the fall leaves, until it darkens to black again for winter.) perhaps gray or brown eyes that also seem to change colour with the seasons, but not as drastically as the hair.
maybe even their personality changes with the seasons, with certain traits being much more prominent at different times. perhaps on days where seasons are close to change/have just changed, they're more flighty and fickle than usual.
maybe this character is very artistic and creative, with a hobby like painting or drawing. they could love to create landscapes especially of the current season.
Perhaps they're a lackadaisical creature, and they'll do favors for favors, or work for treasures, or make little deals for objects or magic that they like? They could be a bit sneaky, but not think about it much. Like, perhaps they were raised with no moral code, or born without one, and see things only in terms of what's on either side of a deal.
Or maybe they're a little bit spiteful, or sad, and they make mean proposals and feel bad about them later.
Or, maybe they like making sneaky mean deals but they're so nice that they actually just turn out fun and comical, leaving them to think up what scheme they'll deliver next!
MercyInReach Topic Starter

These are all great ideas! I'm already brewing something up
Larkin (played by MercyInReach) Topic Starter

Here's Larkin! This took much longer than expected as I was waiting on art before finishing up the page and replying with him here. :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: A seasonal fairy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus