Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Lovecraftian horror

It's my first time so be gentle.

Here what i got:

* Female
    * Dark setting
    * Magic
Okay so maybe this female is either Yidhra or a child of hers. Yidhra is also known as the dream witch and appears young and attractive. She can have a human form or turn into anything shape she wants.

Perhaps the world is gloomy place as more Eldrich gods and beings are emerging and no one knows why. But essentially people are scared of these cosmic beings.
She is death/the goddess of death

She is seeking friends but can only be seen by those who are about to die/be killed so they are terrified of her
Perhaps a character that is seeking to escape the dark cult she has joined.

She enjoyed the sense of belonging at first. The community. The comradery.
Later she enjoyed the idea of being part of something secret. Of learning spells and having power that others don't even know about.

Now she knows from whence that power hails. She knows the human cost associated with it. Worst of all, she is acutely aware that some of the pain and suffering visited upon her neighbors is her fault.

So she has hatched a plan. A desperate, gamble. To steal the artifacts the cult holds dear and put a stop to their Eldritch designs using the very dark power they abuse.
Veliona Topic Starter

Thank you everyone for your contribution! It helped me a lot, in fact now i got enough ideas/material to make multiple characters.
Kim Site Admin

Building off fulllmarvelalchemist's idea: the cult has been known to enchant birds, especially those with dark feathers like crows and ravens, and use them as spies. She is now deeply creeped out by birds because she never knows when they are watching her.
Veliona Topic Starter

YO KIM THAT'S GREAT IDEA! :O
I absolutely agree with Queen. To the point that I might have to make a character like this as well! The birds idea was just too interesting of a twist! Maybe someday we could compare notes. See where two characters with similar stories end up. Like a "two paths diverged" sort of vibe!
Veliona Topic Starter

fullmarvelalchemist wrote:
I absolutely agree with Queen. To the point that I might have to make a character like this as well! The birds idea was just too interesting of a twist! Maybe someday we could compare notes. See where two characters with similar stories end up. Like a "two paths diverged" sort of vibe!

I'm going to add something to this. What if only way for her to survive is to trust a bird she is so afraid of? Will it actually help or its just a trick to lure her back?
Veliona Topic Starter

So i made character inspired by all of your wonderful ideas. ♥

https://www.rprepository.com/c/DaughterOfYidhra

She is not perfect and might change things in the future but it's a start.
She looks awesome! I love the detail in her backstory!
Veliona Topic Starter

Thank you! If you make your own version link it here i want to see what you came up with.
I totally will! I plan to work on it over the next couple days :)
Veliona Topic Starter

Can't wait to read about them.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Lovecraftian horror

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus