Skip to main content

Forums » Help » How do I add a photo

So I tried adding a photo to one of my characters profile and it doesn’t seem to work I’ve tried looking for the url photos but I don’t know how if anyone could tell me in a simple way I would love that because I have a hard time understanding things when it comes to steps and I can’t get help from people irl cause no one else at my school uses this site :/
What I do is I use the gallery and then I open the gallery image in a new tab then copy that link and then use the add an image thing
[img][/img]
And then you just add the url and it shows like this.
gl-1461101-1635519918.gif
Panzerdivsn wrote:
What I do is I use the gallery and then I open the gallery image in a new tab then copy that link and then use the add an image thing
[img][/img]
And then you just add the url and it shows like this.
gl-1461101-1635519918.gif

Adding on to this, but always make sure it’s .jpg format or anything like a .jpg or else it won’t work and you’ll have a link that isn’t clickable with the formatting around it
Also if you ever have a drawing you made, upload it on here and copy the link and just follow the same steps Panzerdivsn and LittleMouse said. Because it won't show otherwise (and make sure to mark the art itself as a jpg, jpeg, png, etc.)
I can't quite tell if you were referring to having trouble finding this section of the Help docs, where BBCode is reviewed; finding this section that reviews what the widgets do and how to use them; or if you had found those and following the instructions wasn't working out.

When displaying an image via BBCode, as has been noted, the url of the image has to naturally end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png. If it's different or you have to change the url, the system will end up confused. The image also has to exist online on a server that isn't blocking hotlinking (usually this includes the URL being set up to be unusable for it anyway); and as mentioned, if you upload an image to a gallery widget, you can get the right type of URL to additionally display that image anywhere else on RPR (including in multiple spots on that profile) via BBCode.

Using the Gallery widget, by default it will display images as thumbnails, with the full image viewable by clicking. You can set it to display the image at full size instead, and can use multiple Gallery widgets with different images in them. This means that if you don't want to deal with BBCode, you can also use a Gallery widget to display individual images which can be moved around in the same way as any other widget.
if you have an image that you need to generate a URL for, the best bet is to use discord if you have it, as that will give the file a .jpg extension. Producing the URL from your DeviantArt stash if you have one will not work, as I discovered the hard way.

You are on: Forums » Help » How do I add a photo

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus