Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Wanna Just Pretend We’re In A Lava Lamp Lounge?

have no idea what this is supposed to be but I haven’t been on here in forever and I really do miss ya’ll :)
Looking to rekindle old relationships or maybe even start some new ones! Who knows!
"woah! all these lava lamps sure are cool"
I've not been all that active here either, but I'm getting a sudden jump again ^^
TheUkrainianBean Topic Starter

I tried to get a cool GIF to work but I am the absolute worst at just that XD

I feel like life these days has just become way too busy for a lot of people and having time to be creative and expressive is becoming a luxury :(

I remember the days when I would spend just mindless hours on this site just to chat with people but dang, nowadays I haven’t been on here since March or active really for over a year. Life just booted me hard in the butt and what little freetime I did have was spent resting up or playing Apex Legends XD

bam-lava-lamps.gif
And here we are!
I feel that! It's just been really busy and I keep stretching myself too thin 😅

Oh goodness, yeah :/
Don’t stop, won’t stop
But hey, I am always an open ear if you need!

That was so much more calming than it should have been XD

To anyone who reads this;

How was your day?

Do anything fun?

What’s one thing you’re currently involved in; albeit a show, book, song, sport, etc.?

What’s something you feel you’ve done well at recently?

Are you currently in an active RP or just hanging around to chat with your friends? Or maybe both? What’s it or what’re they about?

0a8ba1f254df17146e9aa237dfb2c7fa.gif
TheUkrainianBean wrote:

I feel like life these days has just become way too busy for a lot of people and having time to be creative and expressive is becoming a luxury :(

I remember the days when I would spend just mindless hours on this site just to chat with people but dang, nowadays I haven’t been on here since March or active really for over a year. Life just booted me hard in the butt and what little freetime I did have was spent resting up or playing Apex Legends XD

I feel you. Life never really stops and these days I feel like I'm too exhausted more often than not to do much of anything. Writing's always a good outlet for me, but it's definitely hard to find time to squeeze in to write.

I definitely feel the crunch of being torn between gaming and writing too, haha.

xedite wrote:
TheUkrainianBean wrote:

I feel you. Life never really stops and these days I feel like I'm too exhausted more often than not to do much of anything. Writing's always a good outlet for me, but it's definitely hard to find time to squeeze in to write.

I definitely feel the crunch of being torn between gaming and writing too, haha.

I gotta say, I really miss being younger when there wasn't so much to do and life wasn't so complicated. Everything is so serious now days and it kinda sucks. I wish I could go back to childhood for like a day and just enjoy how mellow things were.
Ah yeah, it's crazy how fast time goes by. I definitely miss it sometimes. Just not having as many obligations as I do nowadays. In a lot of ways though, I feel like I have more time in a sense to enjoy things, but not nearly the energy I used to have when I was younger. No more late nights for me.
Seems like a thousand and one things find some way to stick in the brain and keep me from focusing on much else. It's draining for sure, but I still try to find some ways to bring some of that mellowness back into my life when I can.

All too true. I feel like this pandemic has just made me less of an outgoing person than I was prior. I used to be so free spirited and wild, doing things on a whim but nowadays, instead of going out impulsively to do crazy things, I get too comfortable sitting around all day to rest up/relax.
And socially as well. I'm definitely not as extroverted as I used to be; Partying/Bar Hopping with my friends, going on last minute road trips, etc. Now all I feel like doing is sitting inside alone and unbothered playing video games or watching a TV show. I think I got so used to Zoom meeting and computer life that I've come to rely on it too heavily now, where as before my screen time was a maximum of an hour and a half a day to now where it's nearly my whole day. (Not so healthy, I know :,( )
The only times I'm not behind a screen are when I'm at work welding, Thursday's for Bar Night, or when I'm asleep. Lol
I think I need help.

Sorry to get so depressing on ya.
I feel like some of this comes with age too. :p

I've definitely grown out of my partying phase too, or at least it feels like. Ironically, though I feel like I've gotten more outgoing though over time, coming to terms with my personality, and anxiety, and everything else that held me back through my teens and earlier 20s.
Before it definitely felt like I was doing crazy things just to follow the crowd of people I was in, but I never didn't feel at least slightly out of place.

I've always been more introverted and low energy than a lot of very extroverted people I know, but never exactly felt too comfortable alone for too long and I'm definitely familiar with that stir-craziness. I can't handle doing the same thing or being stuck in the same place for too long.

Sometimes that urge to just get out there and do new things is pretty powerful, but in an odd way I find it can still be an itch scratched at home too. New games, new shows, or new hobbies, even just meeting a new person online. I guess that's just the weird situation of being an ambivert, really, and sometimes being at home can be too comfy to leave.

I don't see too much wrong with it as long as you get out every once in a while for sanity, but these are definitely weird times we live in now and it's pretty easily to unintentionally end up isolated.

Not too depressing though, just interesting to think about.

Agreed :/
I’m not ready to be older :,(

I dunno if I have or not yet :o
I’m totally willing to join my friends if they’re going to a party but I’d never invite myself. Besides, whenever I’m at a party and drunk, I instantly turn into the dad of the group and try to find my groupies every ten minutes to check on them XD
This is gonna sound awful, but I love my drunk self in social environments

Yeah, literally. Yesterday I had work off and planned to burn some wood from a tree we’d lost earlier this year and my wheelchair ramp from when I was recovering from my car accident l but instead I just played The Outer Worlds and did laundry ,:) so not as productive of as a day as I’d hoped but hey, at least I got a ton of clean clothes

Oh definitely :D
Every Thursday night I go out for drinks with my buds since my Friday’s are completely Free and I usually spend that day relaxing anyways. If I didn’t have that, I’d probably be a little worm wrapped up in a blanket in front of my TVs while playing games XD

Indeed :)

Ya know, I’ve been thinking :o
What should this Lava Lamp Lounge be? What if we’re on a space station drifting through space and there’s tons of outside views :o hmmm
And it’s all neon and lava lamps hmm

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Wanna Just Pretend We’re In A Lava Lamp Lounge?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus