remember me
Register | Forgot Login

Forums > Looking for RP > The Crown of Laurels (need more people!)

« 1 2 3 4 »

king eternus wrote:
i would like to rp this but i was wondering if i could use more than one character

yes you can, but it depends on the character(s). Tell me about them.

furandfeatherscales wrote:
Xyla Kailani wrote:
The Faun wrote:
I am unsure if this is still open.

If it is, would a creature of the forest work perhaps? Like a faun or dryad or something of that sort?

I wouldn't recommend it, because there would be a species disadvantage (since they are competing for the elven throne) but if you are okay with that, why not.

I was thinking of playing more as an observer since it's not so much my character would want the throne, but rather to see who is competing to take control of the land she lives in. If that makes sense?

What would your character be doing as an observer? I wouldn't mind, I just don't want you to feel left out that none of the competitors or the Council are interacting with your character.

Xyla Kailani wrote:

What would your character be doing as an observer? I wouldn't mind, I just don't want you to feel left out that none of the competitors or the Council are interacting with your character.

Not sure. I suppose I could lurk and see where I could fit in when you guys start.

darkborn202 wrote:
I saw that you need more people. I'm interested in this RP! I've got two characters in mind, you can choose which one is better for the RP... if you accept me at all...

First off, Varen Dominal. Arguably my best character for fantasy so far. Why? He's so freaking versatile. Not to mention, he's a shadowmancer. Who doesn't like being a darkness mage? On to business with him, he somewhat stereo-typically follows the average wizard's "quest for knowledge" trope. However, his method of actually finding knowledge is much more sporadic than other wizards/mages.

Auren Corve (V2) is my second character. While he may not be quite as good as Varen, I'm interested in inserting him into this RP because of this concept: redemption. Auren is a dhampir. In most rpgs (Pathfinder..), dhampirs are hated by nearly every other race. Elves and dwarves especially. I particularly like the idea of people finding out Auren isn't your average evil dhampir. Yes, he struggles seriously with bloodlust, but other than that, he is pretty much like a typical human. He's also a ranger- not your stereotypical ranger either. The only problem I can see here inserting him into the RP is that I kind of made him a STEAMPUNK ranger. I can tone down the steampunk somewhat, but other than that... Can I still get credit for a zany idea? :/

Well, here's an idea, since I'm having a hard time choosing and we need the slots anyway...
Wanna play both? lol
Let me know[/quote]

Hmm... though the idea sounds interesting... I'm gonna have to stick to one character per RP thread. I dunno why- maybe I just like one character per RP. :/

On that note, I'm choosing Varen as the person to join. Primarily Because I'm listening to this:
Music
Don't think I'm THAT creepy. Heh, heh...

You okay with Valen being an elf? :3

Sorry, nope. I like RPing as a human. However, if age is the issue...
Varen is a shadowmancer. As such, he has an extended lifetime- the elite get up to 350 years. I'm planning on eventually making it evident that he's the Umbral Lord's heir or something like that, expanding his lifetime even further. I left hints in the background info, though I need to add a couple more incidents....

Why I like RPing as a human? I know their mindset. Elves have a radically different mindset than humans- slow, unchanging. Arrogant. Humans got that jauntiness to their step, and they know that they don't have long to live. That gives them a sense of urgency. I guess, since I'm human (duh), I can imagine that easier than I could an elf.

darkborn202 wrote:
Sorry, nope. I like RPing as a human. However, if age is the issue...
Varen is a shadowmancer. As such, he has an extended lifetime- the elite get up to 350 years. I'm planning on eventually making it evident that he's the Umbral Lord's heir or something like that, expanding his lifetime even further. I left hints in the background info, though I need to add a couple more incidents....

Why I like RPing as a human? I know their mindset. Elves have a radically different mindset than humans- slow, unchanging. Arrogant. Humans got that jauntiness to their step, and they know that they don't have long to live. That gives them a sense of urgency. I guess, since I'm human (duh), I can imagine that easier than I could an elf.

It's less of an age issue and more of a race/species issue, the plot is that they are competing for the elven throne. However, if you are willing to overlook the species disadvantage and the generic disdain that might be directed towards him because of it, I don't see why Varen can't join.

Alright... Throw the plot at me!

-Gets catcher's mitt ready.-

(Is it gonna be a public post or a PM post... The crowd waits in bated breath...)

darkborn202 wrote:
Alright... Throw the plot at me!

-Gets catcher's mitt ready.-

(Is it gonna be a public post or a PM post... The crowd waits in bated breath...)

The story has already begun! We are still in the beginning, a few people have already dropped which is why I needed more competitors.

I'm sending you a PM with the forum links.

Xyla Kailani wrote:
king eternus wrote:
i would like to rp this but i was wondering if i could use more than one character

yes you can, but it depends on the character(s). Tell me about them.

i messaged you with the info

OOC
Hello,

Think you can do somthing with Ayelle?

DM?

LF to adventure

hi can i join in

Hello all! It's been a while but with the flux of people coming in and out, I'm bumping this once again!

Do let me know if you have any questions!

Hugs,

Tora

Is it too late to join? I’ve got characters to use, and a character page with quite a few extras as well.

As of this moment, how many people are participating in the role play?

Edit: Sorry about that! Not a fan of large group role plays. Hope you find more people!

« 1 2 3 4 »

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Darth_Angelus


Forums > Looking for RP > The Crown of Laurels (need more people!)