remember me
Register | Forgot Login

Forums > Art & Creativity > What Should I Add To This Piece?

What do you think I should add to this drawing? It looks a bit empty to me, and I am honestly at a loss at what I should do to make it less so...should I add more grass? Flowers? Anything?What do you think?

I think I am definitely going to be adding more grass, but I am not sure what to add in the middle really...

7-C542-E5-C-3-D2-B-400-D-ABB0-240901-ED5-D79.jpg

Do you want it to be tragic, just add a normal sized gravestone and a childsized one. You make it more happy, maybe to animals or children playing in the back. Or you could go complete bananas and add a superhero fighting a postman on top of a pink unicorn with lazer nostrils.

What to add in the middle? May I suggest a worn pebble pathway? Since it's a shrine area, it would make sense, I think. But it definitely looks like it's supposed to be sitting out on a lake too, so maybe you can emphazise that by adding water in the middle area? Kinda like a homage to a lake god or something. Just a couple of ideas for you, because I do notice a bit of emptiness myself.

Skipbab wrote:
Do you want it to be tragic, just add a normal sized gravestone and a childsized one. You make it more happy, maybe to animals or children playing in the back. Or you could go complete bananas and add a superhero fighting a postman on top of a pink unicorn with lazer nostrils.

The last idea is rather tempting, and very amusing, but I am actually going for more of a mythical, tranquil sort of scene instead.

LightSide-Lucree wrote:
What to add in the middle? May I suggest a worn pebble pathway? Since it's a shrine area, it would make sense, I think. But it definitely looks like it's supposed to be sitting out on a lake too, so maybe you can emphazise that by adding water in the middle area? Kinda like a homage to a lake god or something. Just a couple of ideas for you, because I do notice a bit of emptiness myself.

Ooohh! The first idea is pretty good, but adding a lake-I can’t believe I didn’t think of that! Thanks ! XDD

Birdy99 wrote:
LightSide-Lucree wrote:
What to add in the middle? May I suggest a worn pebble pathway? Since it's a shrine area, it would make sense, I think. But it definitely looks like it's supposed to be sitting out on a lake too, so maybe you can emphazise that by adding water in the middle area? Kinda like a homage to a lake god or something. Just a couple of ideas for you, because I do notice a bit of emptiness myself.

Ooohh! The first idea is pretty good, but adding a lake-I can’t believe I didn’t think of that! Thanks ! XDD

No problem! Glad I could help you out~! :3

Moderators: Cass, Copper_Dragon, SeraphicStar, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus


Forums > Art & Creativity > What Should I Add To This Piece?