remember me
Register | Forgot Login

Forums > RP Discussion > two RP Group/worlds interest check

When I say group, I mean a legit group with application process and its own forums.

#1
I had something on the side I was working on; It didn’t work out for its original purpose but I put a lot of work into its setup, culture, and lore. So, I am curious to see if I should open it as a RP platform in the future (it still needs work) .

It is a Medieval-fantasy world with heavy Viking influences.
Think Vikings/Game of thrones/LOTR/Skyrim mixture
Age restriction would be 18+ for adult themes; 2-3 paragraph average writing lengths

One of the primary highlights of the culture I focused on initially was introducing a system where no one is necessarily the king/queen. All leadership positions are.. challengeable. Thus, characters flux through the hierarchy based upon their choices. They may become the leader, or fail and fall as low as a slave.
As such, there are ‘fighting pits’ that are central in the culture.

Let me know your thoughts/ interest. As I said, if people are interested there I a lot of work I will have to put into it to clean it up from its original purpose. But it would be such a waste if I did nothing with it at all.


#2

Second Group interest check. I thought about making a separate thread but eh

I have been building a sci-fi Universe I was considering writing a novel about. Its developed enough in lore, culture, government and tech style I could build and launch a group around it.

This group would also be Age restriction would be 18+ for adult themes; 2-3 paragraph average writing lengths

It will have some similarities to Firefly with some other vague similarities star wars/ star trek/ mass effect.

checking in for the first idea. sci-fi isn't my strength lmao and it's hard for me to get into it without established lore.
medieval fantasy of any sort, on the other hand, is mah jam.

I promise I don't write as badly as I talk ooc haha

8TigerBunnyTora wrote:
sci-fi isn't my strength lmao and it's hard for me to get into it without established lore.

In this case, I will be establishing lore. Creating essentially a Galaxy for people to play in with races, culture, religion, space ship types, weapons, mining facilities and all that that people can use and interact within.

I know there isnt much established for sci-fi worlds without doing something Star Wars, Startrek or other fandom related worlds. So I would be providing something "different" with a lot of open doors to grow.

Thank you for letting me know your interest ^^

Sooooooooo I love both of your ideas. I would love to be part of one (or both, if I could manage it, lol.) I'd be interested in participating in either.

TY for the interest check ^^

I am already starting to build the Sci-fi world.
I took a gander at existing groups and it seems like there really isnt anything lingering around for Scfi-fi. So maybe, just maybe I can fill that void.

In the mean time i hope others weight in.

likes, dislikes? things you want to see? I take feed back very seriously when i open world campaigns. so let me know!

I'd be interested in idea #2. More sci-fi is always nice.

I have decided to move forward on the sci-fi world. It will take me some time of development. but im well into progress on it and hopefully I will have an advertisable foundation soon.

Mipps wrote:
When I say group, I mean a legit group with application process and its own forums.

#1
I had something on the side I was working on; It didn’t work out for its original purpose but I put a lot of work into its setup, culture, and lore. So, I am curious to see if I should open it as a RP platform in the future (it still needs work) .

It is a Medieval-fantasy world with heavy Viking influences.
Think Vikings/Game of thrones/LOTR/Skyrim mixture
Age restriction would be 18+ for adult themes; 2-3 paragraph average writing lengths

One of the primary highlights of the culture I focused on initially was introducing a system where no one is necessarily the king/queen. All leadership positions are.. challengeable. Thus, characters flux through the hierarchy based upon their choices. They may become the leader, or fail and fall as low as a slave.
As such, there are ‘fighting pits’ that are central in the culture.

Let me know your thoughts/ interest. As I said, if people are interested there I a lot of work I will have to put into it to clean it up from its original purpose. But it would be such a waste if I did nothing with it at all.

Keeping tallies: 2
#2

Second Group interest check. I thought about making a separate thread but eh

I have been building a sci-fi Universe I was considering writing a novel about. Its developed enough in lore, culture, government and tech style I could build and launch a group around it.

This group would also be Age restriction would be 18+ for adult themes; 2-3 paragraph average writing lengths

It will have some similarities to Firefly with some other vague similarities star wars/ star trek/ mass effect.

Keeping tallies: 2


There really is a gap to fill with detailed science fiction RPs and this sounds really neat. Having read your writing samples on your pages and having gotten to know you I imagine this is going to be a really good group RP which I, as a devout Trekkie, wish I could join! I can't because I'm overloaded, but I just wanted to give this my vote of confidence and say *drooooools* I wish I could join this! I need 8 days a week to exist so I can use one solely for RPing. XD

I could also go with joining in on either of these groups. I'm stronger with fantasy writing but I think I can also do sci fi. I dunno. None of my threads have stuck yet with sci fi. I believe, at least, that there's at least a larger population of fantasy fans on this site than sci fi. But my perpsective might be outdated.

Honestly though if you could get either of them going and keep them going strong I don't really care which one gets the most attention. My fingers are itching here!

iltheyn wrote:
I believe, at least, that there's at least a larger population of fantasy fans on this site than sci fi. But my perspectives might be outdated.

You'd be surprised. when i open up campaign options for sci-fi i generally have a full inbox. I would say that its about 50/50. but it fluctuates. sometimes people lean more fantasy and a month later its all scifi.

My sci-fi group is currently in production. there is a LOT of work to go in it still and I am now working with some other enthusiasts on some advice/collaboration in sci-fi realism. The goal is that it will be developed enough but also free enough that people can enjoy a structure without having to put too much thought into world building. I have been getting a lont of private PM interest in this.


oddly I am getting interest in the other group as well but for different reasons. the original design was for a fighter friendly community utilizing a home brew D&D like system. My husband to be was the one designing the system and its.. quite detailed and elaborate. Much like D&D but designed specifically for freeform + combat.

when he returns from his deployment, I may discuss with him about the possibility of finishing it.
But i should get too crazy! I will run myself out of time.

Np mang. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread. See what happens. You've got my vote on both of them, interest-wise.

Definitely interested in both. I even have a character page(blackthorn bandits) in the works that might fit the first option. I’ll be following this thread- hope it develops further!

Scifi group is in the works - seeking help to build it

I have an ad up here

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Darth_Angelus


Forums > RP Discussion > two RP Group/worlds interest check