remember me
Register | Forgot Login

Forums > Smalltalk > Something odd you find yourself doing?

Hello fellow RPR users, Winter here.

While I'm taking a break from my rl and such, I noticed something that I do.

I play a MMORPG caled Dragon Awakening. When I play the game, there is specific music that plays in certain battle scenes. And I've noticed that when I hear it, I find myself whistling to the tune. It's just background music, no vocals, and I guess it's their way to make the battle seem more cool or something. I literally will whistle the tune until either: The battle is over, I'm out of breathe and need to catch it, or I get bored of whistling.

Anyone have anything odd like this?

02n1o2V.gif

I frequently walk around with my tongue sticking out. Sometimes I'm just not paying attention and don't know why I'm doing it, others I'm taking some vague, odd pleasure in the sensation of that part of my tongue slowly drying. I'm far more likely to do it while walking or something than when sitting still.

I also jiggle my hands and fingers a lot. It has occasionally been involuntarily (but stoppable), but is usually just an impulse I permit. Sometimes it's just a bit of a twitch, sometimes it's rapid, full twist-shaking of one or both hands. It happens mostly when I'm active, energetic, or nervous, and usually only when I'm standing or walking.

I tend to apologize too much, even if I hadn't done anything bad. I don't know why but I just have the urge to say sorry... I also have this habit of "fixing" the position of my glasses even if they're in good position.

Zelphyr's post

Zelphyr wrote:
I frequently walk around with my tongue sticking out. Sometimes I'm just not paying attention and don't know why I'm doing it, others I'm taking some vague, odd pleasure in the sensation of that part of my tongue slowly drying. I'm far more likely to do it while walking or something than when sitting still.

I also jiggle my hands and fingers a lot. It has occasionally been involuntarily (but stoppable), but is usually just an impulse I permit. Sometimes it's just a bit of a twitch, sometimes it's rapid, full twist-shaking of one or both hands. It happens mostly when I'm active, energetic, or nervous, and usually only when I'm standing or walking.


The first one is totally odd. I thought only dogs did that, as I noticed sometimes the tips of their tongues randomly will stick out at times for an unknown reason. But hey, if a person does it as well then they do.
ChebaBeesting wrote:
I tend to apologize too much, even if I hadn't done anything bad. I don't know why but I just have the urge to say sorry... I also have this habit of "fixing" the position of my glasses even if they're in good position.

I semi know the feeling. I apologize a lot when I don't need to. I apologize to Krispythekritter a lot after I unload my issues to her, even though she's told me I can do so. Just something I do. Especially if I've forgotten to ask her how her day was.

ChebaBeesting wrote:
I also have this habit of "fixing" the position of my glasses even if they're in good position.
Have you tried fixing them when you're not even wearing them, too? I have. XD (I know not everyone has a reasonable level of vision, though.)

Zelphyr wrote:
ChebaBeesting wrote:
I also have this habit of "fixing" the position of my glasses even if they're in good position.
Have you tried fixing them when you're not even wearing them, too? I have. XD (I know not everyone has a reasonable level of vision, though.)

Well, not really, but I did act like I've had glasses on. It's hard to explain it, but yeah...

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Copper_Dragon, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus


Forums > Smalltalk > Something odd you find yourself doing?