Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » Suggestions » Saving incompleted PM messages as a draft

Title is pretty self explanatory. I'd be interested in a feature where someone can save a draft of a PM conversation message they haven't finished writing yet. I've lost my drafts multiple times and I am hoping that something like this could be implemented to help those people who write much longer roleplay posts.
I'd use this feature, though personally I tend to copy and paste those PMS into Samsung notes to essentially utilize this feature without it being employed yet.
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I'd use this feature, though personally I tend to copy and paste those PMS into Samsung notes to essentially utilize this feature without it being employed yet.

That's what I've been doing but I'd like for an on site function for it given I've accidentally deleted drafts as well XD

also android gang
Im in favor of this please.
oh this would be heaven
Oh yeah baby. So in favor of this.
Omg yes!!!! I’ve lost so many posts due to not having this because I type often on my phone and the switch from WiFi to tower often causes me to lose things.
If it's possible, could there be a "mark as draft" option too that asks you if you really want to send it before hand? I usually write on another app outside of my browser and save frequently but if I started making my drafts here I'd be afraid to misclick and accidentally send a messy unfinished post.
SunnyD wrote:
If it's possible, could there be a "mark as draft" option too that asks you if you really want to send it before hand? I usually write on another app outside of my browser and save frequently but if I started making my drafts here I'd be afraid to misclick and accidentally send a messy unfinished post.
I feel like that's also a good idea for when you are in the middle of a reply and something happens and you have to walk away and if you have the option to 'save as draft' you can start right where you left off.

Sometimes that happens to me and when I come back I feel like my second attempt just wasn't as good as the first one I had before I had to walk away
ugh yes, I'd give anything for this.
Yes, I need this. So many times my internet has glitched or dropped and there goes a half hour or more of work that I can't recreate. So frustrating and a draft would help so much especially with long posts.

Maybe it could auto save if there is text in the box and a long time has passed without new text being added like if someone had to walk away to make dinner or something before posting or in the middle of typing out a post?
Yes, please!!
This would be wonderful, but I also wonder if there is a way to autosave a PM as a draft while it's being written? I am even more in need of this

This has happened a few times before, but it just happened again and it just made me kinda .... Ok I had a bit of a minor meltdown for a minute there.

I typed out a long reply to someone in a private discussion about RP experiences in the past, what I was looking for, and what characters I felt needed more attention, and right before sending my thumb brushed the stupid side mouse button, and it caused me to go back. Lost the whole msg, it wasnt there when I went forward again.
Warlocke wrote:
This would be wonderful, but I also wonder if there is a way to autosave a PM as a draft while it's being written? I am even more in need of this

This has happened a few times before, but it just happened again and it just made me kinda .... Ok I had a bit of a minor meltdown for a minute there.

I typed out a long reply to someone in a private discussion about RP experiences in the past, what I was looking for, and what characters I felt needed more attention, and right before sending my thumb brushed the stupid side mouse button, and it caused me to go back. Lost the whole msg, it wasnt there when I went forward again.

I don't yet have a save-in-place solution. HOWEVER, I do have a warning before attempting to leave the page that will ask you to confirm you actually want to leave without sending. This should prevent most "fat finger" mistakes in this area.
Ha yeah, that's worked sometimes, but for some reason it didn't with this mouse.

I am probably going to just replace my mouse with one that doesn't have side buttons. This one came with the new computer I got a few months back, and I only held off on getting a different one because this one is pretty and matches everything else.
Er, it shouldn't work with any mouse? The warning is a feature of 2.0, it doesn't happen on this version of the site.
Overall my main reason for wanting this feature is the ability to access these drafts on any platform since I use this site on both mobile and on my computer so the feature would be greatly appreciated even just for something like that.