Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » Suggestions » player guestbooks

** not kudos or rave reviews

actual guestbooks for the players and not just the characters
where else do i publicly harass my friends out of character?! ):
I really like this idea, too. Although it is fun to post as other characters in character guest books.
Private Message? I personally don't see a reason for accounts to have guestbooks, but maybe I'm in the minority here.
I like this concept. I like kudos, don't get me wrong, but considering they're meant to be serious reviews and yet we all still kind of try to make them funny and cute (which takes away from the limited kudos space) it'd be neat to be able to show off some personality on people's pages. I would honestly love to be able to look at a page and see how friends interact via their guestbook. Sometimes people's profiles are really stiff because we try so hard to make sure we have our rules in order and whatnot, so it's hard to get a read on someone and can be intimidating when we mean to be inviting.
I actually like this concept. As Pockets has said, it kind of let’s you in on people’s more playful side where as Kudos seem more rigid as well as the players profile.

Of course, you can always drop a line through PM, but wouldn’t it be fun to see how players interacted? Or just dropped by to say hello?
I'm okay with the idea...not sure if I'd use it myself as my guestbooks all remain blank thus far and I have yet to actually speak on a friends guestbook who actually has one available, and so my experience is limited.

That said if this feature becomes used I think it should be able to be managed like the kudos are, free to remove the ones there are already in case we dont like/want them on there. I also think it should be an optional feature you could toggle on or off at ones leisure (similar to how a guestbook widget can be added/removed). Some might not be interested or comfortable with leaving a guestbook out I think, and the option of not being forced to have one will help this feature not feel forced, because as wonderful as the community is here, every once in a while theres a bad potato that shows up and wants to abuse a feature like this.

Not trashing the idea, just sharing my concerns about it. Also I'm relatively sure the character guestbook you probably already can manage? But as I have no experience with it I don't know....honestly of it doesn't that would be a whole different suggestion I would like to post personally I think.
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Also I'm relatively sure the character guestbook you probably already can manage? But as I have no experience with it I don't know....honestly of it doesn't that would be a whole different suggestion I would like to post personally I think.

You can remove comments on guestbooks yes! I've had to fairly often because I forget to post as a character haha. I also agree it could be a totally optional thing so as not to clutter up everyone's page, just those who want it.
I'm working on a thingy where users can post updates to their own profiles (EX: "I'm going out of town for the weekend to visit my grand parents. See you all soon!")

It doesn't *currently* support other people posting to it, but that's something we can look at.