Group Toolbar Menu

Forums » General » Holiday favorites

Given that it's that time of year where many of us are celebrating I figured I ask what some of your favorite holiday dishes are. Is there any food you absolutely gotta have, like no holiday is complete without the dish? If you have a recipe and wanna share it please feel to :)

I don't have any recipes on me at the moment as I'm not at home but I can share my favorite food. Obviously Gingerbread cookies makes the list! I have a great recipe I found in a Canadian Living magazine, I use every year; I post it in the baking forum when I get home :) Another thing we did growing up (and I still do) is make french toast for breakfast christmas morning.

Remove this ad

My family does two things every year I love. BTS Fudge and Pretzel rods.

I do a lot of variants on the BTS Fudge, including peanut butter chips, or one year I got some really yummy cinnamon cream chips and added those in. I've been known to do extras on top like marshmallows, pretzel bits, or crushed peppermint.
The pretzel rods is really easy, just melting down some chocolate and dipping the pretzel rods in (those big thick ones, not the wimpy sticks). Then garnish and let cool!

Moderators: Banshee JayBird