Forums » Cooking » Mediterranean Four-Cheese Bread Loaf

Mediterranean Four-Cheese Bread Loaf

Ingredients

~ 1 Pane De Caso bread-loaf
~ 80g/3oz softened butter (to spread)
~ 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
~ 2 sprigs of Parsley, finely chopped
~ 1 sprig of Rosemary, finely chopped
~ 50g/1¾ of olives, sliced (I hate olives so I don’t use this)
~ 60g/2¼oz each of grated Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella, and Cheddar

Directions

Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F
Cut criss-cross the bread, not all the way through, using a serrated breadknife. Butter the new-cut sides of the bread.

Mix the herbs, garlic and olives into a bowl and spoon the mixture into the sliced area of the bread loaf.

Mix the cheeses together It’s ok to use more) and add some pepper, and push the cheese into the bread cuts.

Loosely cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is well-melted. Remove foil and bake a further 5minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese golden.

Remove this ad

Sounds delicious with a salad dish and pasta entree. Do you recommend this with any other main courses?
I just made it as a munchie standalone snack.
It would accompany mains well. A good pasta dish maybe.
Looks really good. I may have to try this sometime.
Katia wrote:
Looks really good. I may have to try this sometime.

I highly recommend it! the good thing is you can tweak/adjust the cheeses and it works! I made this again the other day just for a lunch snack and I used whatever cheeses I had leftover in the fridge. This time it was Manchego leftover from tacos, vintage sharp cheddar, and some parmesan. I had some leftover bacon and broke it up into bits and sprinkled it over the cheese before it went in the oven. Yum!

Moderators: Banshee JayBird