Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » What's your longest roleplay?

Hey! I just realized that today was the birthday of one of my favorite RPs! It's been going for a year now, and was at first about a fallen angel and a demon prince teaming up to take down slave sales, and now it's had a bunch of character development, new relationships, and too many plot arcs for me to remember (we went through one, like, every month)
(if you have Storyteller's Circle, message GigaBit, she's great ;))

So what is/was your longest-running roleplay? And what is/was it about?
NiftySpiffy

So I had this rp starring iris right? so that rp lasted 3 days thanks to @Blizzardtheicewing
TiredWriter

Not mine but the first forum roleplay I ever joined. I joined while I was at the moment new to CloudNovel and its title was High School RP. It gone dead though. You can guess it was an high school rp. It was chaotic at some parts, not a good chaotic either.
It was very chaotic.
The highschool rp Tired was talking about was techinacally passed down to me when the original owner left and left me in charge of it..; but it was crazy…
D&D campaign- Ran just over 7 years.
Luscinioide

im sending her off to preschool this year 😔kids grow so fast these days

MBUBDV4.png

the beginning of what can only be described as a cinematic universeâ„¢ seeing as it resulted in canon off shoots in the same continuity that range from "stereotypical detectives fight crime stereotypically" to "the gays with daddy issues do...stuff" to "official zombie apocalypse"

yes, it went from a mundane modern story to zombie apocalypse over the span of four years, no, i don't know how that happened
Mothunny Topic Starter

Saturninum wrote:
im sending her off to preschool this year 😔kids grow so fast these days

MBUBDV4.png

the beginning of what can only be described as a cinematic universeâ„¢ seeing as it resulted in canon off shoots in the same continuity that range from "stereotypical detectives fight crime stereotypically" to "the gays with daddy issues do...stuff" to "official zombie apocalypse"

yes, it went from a mundane modern story to zombie apocalypse over the span of four years, no, i don't know how that happened

i...... want to ask the plot through it in more detail, but im a bit scared to
Hm. In the past, my answer might have been a game that was just about the first adventure RP thread I ever started back when I was just getting into RP. I can't recall anything in terms of time, but I'm pretty sure it ran for over a year...? What I do recall is that, the last time I checked, that game had far more posts than any other RP in that community, as well as more than most of the OOC threads, and that's without counting the sort-of sequel that eventually started up. It didn't open up with any particular plot, and it was mostly fantasy with some random modern and scifi elements thrown in, and it just kinda chugged along for a long time. What eventually killed it was issues between players (which, if I remember right, had led to the thread being temporarily locked once or twice along the way). Heh, I actually ended up killing off my character just to get away from it, and it was within a handful of posts after that when it just... stopped.

But! By this point, whether going by length of time or number of responses, that would have to be a game I had going with a friend that we started... mm, back in 2014. (Worth noting that there were many pauses of varying lengths along the way.) It started with one, long stack of PMs founded on "let's see what happens if these two characters interact," and that had a lot before we hit a point that seemed like a suitable conclusion, with room to start up a continuation if we felt like it. And we did, and pretty quickly we switched to PM stacks basically functioning as chapters. And in certain cases, some of our games with other characters ended up getting pulled in to being part of the same setting & continuity ('course that definitely became a mess over time that needed The Shrug of the Gods on plenty occasions). Over the course of the game, families formed, some characters settled into some form or retirement (or, uh... died in some cases), and a second generation grew up to start their own adventures. There have been a number of times that we've thought, "Okay, this is complete now," only to end up with another story to add to it. XD So I'm not sure whether or not we're actually finished with it. We have been loosely considering some sort of AU reset thing, as well as just... sort of snipping some characters into their own things that we're counting as not part of that big continuity. Even though we may use characters who only exist because of that continuity. >.>
DND campaign since 2016...

1x1 role play 3 years still going.
Luscinioide

Mothunny wrote:
i...... want to ask the plot through it in more detail, but im a bit scared to

i would literally need like a TEDtalk to try and give a mere synopsis of the overarching plot, sweet jesus there's like 10 years between the beginning and the zombie part, though i totaled up the word count like two years ago and it was well over 550,000 words

......i shudder to think of what it's at these days, considering after zombies there's now a "cyberpunk electric boogaloo part 1"

at this rate we might as well be in space by the next four years
Touch to answer. I'd say 1 and a 1/2 to 2 years, including other role-plays that the characters experience, as I always play characters as having a singular storyline rather than separate continuities.
I don't know if this counts, but my partner and I have a multiverse. The same characters living different lives and just existing in multiple worlds. This RP has gone on for twenty years.

If only one universe counts, then it was the first universe of the multiverse that took 9 or 10 years. We dragged long lived characters through time until we had a universe ending apocalypse.
Oldest rp... I am gonna age myself here. well my oldest text rp started in 1995 ended in 2020 I have had many that last 10 years or more the hard part of roleplays like that is that they get trapped in cycles and I feel like I am playing the same rp over and over again with the same person.
My longest roleplay which still is an ongoing one has more than 4511 posts! sometimes we write posts that are longer than 9 A4 pages.

We write in the third person, and my character in this roleplay is Count Demolgan.

You can see it yourself:
012.png
my friend i believe we are talking in years not in how many posts where made.
Well, Sorry, my mistake... I thought the 4511 post number would imply it is an old role play but this is the date we started the roleplay and it has been two years now...

02.jpg
it does show massive dedication, loyalty, and creativity
Thanks a lot, that is very kind you :)
I was in a Pokemon campaign that lasted a year.

It died last year and I'm still missing it...

Second-longest was in a Discord group of 4. It just petered out last month. I originally planned on deleting the character, but... I like them too much, and what they've been through matters too much to me. Maybe I'll give their page a once-over and seek out a different game someday, but I'm still in that phase of 'grieving' a game's pre-emptive death, so to speak.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » What's your longest roleplay?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus