Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Iter Mortalitatis (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Luxis

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I thought I'd start this out by posting an idea I had wanted to try for a while. I'm wholly new to this site, and not sure how things will work here. For the moment I would like to say that I am excited to start my journey here!

Here's a link to the character I am using, light TW for abuse: Your text to link here...

Now for the plot!

Iter Mortalitatis

Trees age, die, and are yet reborn at the coming of light.

Flowers bloom, wilt and wither, for birth to come anew each year.

People, like nature too, die and wither with time. And though the lives of people may be prosperous, or poor, long or short, there is a difference between the living and the inanimate.

People, are only remembered through ink or sound, while a tree may die and be reborn, the people amongst them die, and are forgotten with time.

The year is 1220, the times of turbulence are over, though not quite forgotten. A year prior, The Great Purge ended, a conflict between the greed of omnipotent lords and clergy against the Elves of the Willowspring, finally ended, after nineteen long years.

The Elves, once kind and welcoming, now bitter and angry against the humans they may once have called friends, these times are long past. Blood and sweat in too great a number has been shed. The dead is mourned, as are those lost and never found amongst the countless kidnappings and battles across the years.

However, there is a light that blooms from the horizon, a ray of hope for people across the realm.

The Duke of Lyssia, Thomas Lyrren, has steadily come unto surmounting rebellions across his demense. Peasants and barons alike have risen up against the years of corruption, bribery and slavery that remained prevalent under his eyes, with little for others to gain but for himself, he lives now in one of the largest castles ever constructed, holds lavish feasts, and boasts a retinue of more than six-hundred knights. With such power he is the strongest of fifteen Dukes across the Kingdom. Largely cut off, Verra, as it is known by its contemporaries has no conflicts with the surrounding regions to this day, but conflict brews rather from within...

There too lies a missing piece of the puzzle. The death of Amelliene Mormonte, the Dukes wife, and disappearance of his son, Samuel. Who for the past four years had been absent, believed dead, perhaps killed by a bear or some other unfortunate beast.

Only he survives, in secret, in hiding from his own blood, his own father. At a forest hailed as the crossroads of two cultures, one of the only human villages to have close contact with elves, there he dwells, an alchemical student. He spends his days pouring across tomes, venturing the lands for libraries and studies in search of a cure. For he, like the trees and flowers of the world, is beginning to wither, having contracted Syleria, a slow, creeping illness, feverish and sluggish, that like old age, saps that unfortunate enough to have contracted it, to a slow, quiet end.

He alone seeks not just a cure, but truth. Knowing his time nears an end he wishes to know the truth of his Mother's passing. Mormonte, her family name...his family name, exists in part, far to the West, not in a Kingdom, but a Ducal Republic known as the Relassian Greats or Serenater Relassine to its own kind.

Yet, the only way to gain entry to the Republic is through the Willowspring, the great forest. The dwelling of Elvenkind. Here, he must face his past, and potentially his future, will he die here, alone, surrounded by the nature which he would wither with in harmony, or venture forth...Would he be remembered by ink, or fade into nothingness...?

Please send me a message if you wish to rp! Alternatively, please add me on discord for better response times! Luxis#2163
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 60%
Romance is expected but not required, and will be accompanied by other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Iter Mortalitatis (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus