Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for forgotten adventures! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Remember that cool sci-fi derelict ship dungeon you designed but never had anyone explore? Maybe a high-fantasy mystery you set up to have solved but didn't get a detective? OH! What about that steampunk-AU fandom-inspired RP you wanted to run but didn't? Maaayyyybe you have a cyberpunky character you still need to test-run and have someone eccentric to bounce off, or a post-apocalyptic world you wanted to let someone visit?

Basically, did you have an RP you wanted to run but never got to or never got traction on?

Well, if you're willing to let a bored mage with tech-interests dive into it, I probably want to hear about it! Bring me unused concepts and untold stories!

Now, you might be wondering, "But Victi, what if you fit absolutely none of my ideas or vice-versa, and we shouldn't do this?"

Well, step one, you can read my character page to help avoid this. Click me! My always/sometimes/maybe/never chart is at the bottom of my Guestbook page.

Step two, more usefully, we can discuss stuff! Which tools and tricks I get to use are negotiable, either explained, contrived, or glossed over in story. What we're both comfortable with can be talked about. And if we don't match? Hey, maybe someone else in the thread liked your idea and will say "Yunno, I've got a character who might work for this..."

Step three, I'll list some info that might help. One sec here....

Subgenres/inspiration sources/events of interest by larger genre:

Sci-Fi

-Misc Space Opera
-Mysterious substances/setting-defining commodities (Think the Spice from Dune)
-Firefly or Fading Suns-type settings, or worlds like Arrakis (tech/culture divides, but in an integrated way)
-Alien contact/deep-space rescue
-Alien (franchise)
-Derelict space-structures (freighters, ring-worlds, space stations, asteroid temples, etc.)
-Infested locales
-Raypunk concepts (tentatively. Don't expect me to wear a shiny bodysuit or bikini, though)
-Cyberpunk gets its own genre

Fantasy

-Dungeon-crawling
-Misc magic schools/learning new styles of magic
-hidden magic (either the forbidden stuff or magic in general being a secret)
-unusual species
-artefact hunting
-scry-and-die tactics! ^.^ (we all have some bad habits) Lots of planning/setting up the opportunity on this one.
-alchemy, potion-work, and magical goods creation
-Enchanted forests

Horror

-Forbidden knowledge
-Eldritch Horror
-Monstrous creatures
-Mystery aspects
-Forbidden artefacts (All of these are Lovecraftian, in case you didn't guess)
-Ominous locales (Think silent hill)
-Monsters rather than killers (Xenomorphs)
-Machine-horror (Rogue AI, robot apocalypse, not FNAF-like things, not interested there)

Slice of Life

-Medical care/recovery/rescue
-Magic/tech crafting/shopkeeping
-Visiting magical schools (Mostly with very different approaches to magic than I use)
-Relaxed traveling with minor intrigue/adventure

Cyberpunk

-Merc work
-Heist aspects
-Cybertechnician/ripper/street-doc related concepts
-Atmospheric adventures
-Note that I will not be getting chipped, thanks. Really not my thing.

Steampunk and similar

-Airship adventures
-Technician/inventor related
-Eldritch horror/mystery concepts
-Mysterious contraptions (GIMME THE PUZZLE BOXES! O.O)

Mystery

-Paranormal investigation (Investigating paranormal phenomena)
-Paranormal investigation (Investigating things by paranormal means)
-Cyberpunk-styled mystery
-Occult spookiness
-Eldritch horror
-City noire/dieselpunk

There! Those should be helpful. For writing style, I like a few paragraphs to a post, with more for describing scenes, characters, cool actions, and so on, with less for quick combat or things like searching an area or testing stuff. I tend to use a lot of dialogue, too. Writing will be in third person, I'm just breaking the fourth wall here to let you get used to me before you get into game with me. Any other fandoms will need to be discussed, because I don't know every piece of media, and Avitra doesn't either.

No romance or erotic stuff. I'm not interested. For RP purposes characters being interested is fine, but expect me to be difficult and uninterested in them in the end, even if the dynamic is interesting.

For anything else, please, feel free to ask questions!

I'll be happy to be in a few different RPs with people, but, obviously, if there's a lot of interest I can only do so many at once.

Post your thoughts in response to this, and feel free to talk to each other if a reply catches your eye! I'm excited to see what'cha got for me!
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts,

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for forgotten adventures! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus