Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Superhero Animal Youngling

Hi everyone!

I love cute animals, but I noticed I have a lack of them for RP. Can I get some help from the community for making one? Details below!
  • Is a young for their species (must not be humanoid!).
  • Is gifted one or more superpowers that emphasizes their main personality quirk.
  • Accidentally created by a fatherly (or motherly) professor.

Main inspiration for bullet notes is from Powerpuff Girls, if that helps.

Thanks,
ShadowKyogre
Maybe something like a flying squirrel or sugar glider? They could be a thrill-seeker who is a big fan of their ability to glide (and very particular about "well technically it's not flying, you see, the loose skin between my limbs just allows me to glide but I can't actually fly because I don't have wings and—")
If a sugar glider specifically, it would be cute if they had a sweet tooth.
Would also be cute if they had a close bond with their creator, and acted as a sort of assistant in the professor's work. Maybe they're just as interested in science as their creator is?
I can't think of any really great superpowers, aside from enhancements to their gliding ability and maybe something like wind or lightning powers? Of course, they could also have a power that is completely unrelated to their species, maybe one that would help them out with Science Stuff™ (such as a literal photographic memory.)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Ooh, synergy! I was also thinking flying squirrel! :D
ShadowKyogre Topic Starter

I think I'll go with a flying squirrel with lightning powers! Maybe they might have a habit of sleeping in the professor's computer. And maybe being able to read the hard disk when the computer won't turn on normally?
I feel like a flying squirrel with lightning powers would be such a handful! XD It fits perfectly.
Perhaps they have an annoying quirk that when they're excited (and they are indeed an excitable little critter), they produce a lot of static. Nearby characters with hair or fur end up with quite a bit of static and touching your character or any metallic surfaces can result in a tiny shock!

Along the same lines as the Powerpuff Girls, for name inspiration, something short/simple/sweet would work. Something like Dart, Flash, Zip, Jolt or Buzz.
EarlyGrey wrote:
Along the same lines as the Powerpuff Girls, for name inspiration, something short/simple/sweet would work. Something like Dart, Flash, Zip, Jolt or Buzz.
Might I also suggest: Spark (or Sparks or Sparky), Watt, Bolt, Volt, or Streak. Static or Circuit could also work, along with Levin (I think it means lightning/thunderbolt and it seems like an actual name.) There's also Joule, which relates to electricity, could be a name on its own but also works as a pun for names like Julie, Julian, Jules, and all of the variations of those.

I like the name Zip a lot! Joule is also a nice name, but I'm not sure which to pick.
  • Zip as a code name, Julie Levin as her normal name?
  • Joulie? -cue groaning at the punniness-
  • Levin, but may need to flip gender of character to male unless there's a female variant of the naame Levin.

Levin could also perhaps be a surname no matter what I pick? (Maybe her creator is named Professor Levin).
ShadowKyogre wrote:
Zip as a code name, Julie Levin as her normal name?
I like this. And people could always joke that her name is Joulie when it's not.
Only feminine version of Levin I can think of is... Levina? Levinia? I do think the idea of Levin being the professor's surname, and then your character adopting it for themself, is a good one.
Also, if you do go with Julie as the given name, maybe the Professor named her in honour of a (possibly deceased?) friend, family member, or other similar figure that was important to them?

Naming the squirrel after someone he knew sounds like a good backstory idea! I'll be sure to roll for that when it's time to make her profile.
Julie Levin (played by ShadowKyogre) Topic Starter

Hey everyone,

ShadowKyogre wrote my profile! It took a few days to work on it. Hopefully it's readable!

https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1470216/431513

Zipping around,
Julie
She's adorable :3

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Superhero Animal Youngling

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus