Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Snow Doggo

I banished one of my other characters to the void so I'd have a slot for this— XD
So anyway! I've been thinking a lot about a certain snowy area inhabited by several pettable dogs and I thought, "this is some good dog content! I would like to make my own good dog content too!" And then this event started so I figured I might as well use that concept for my collaborative OC.
So, I would like to make a character that...
...is canine in nature (whether this means anthropomorphic, a literal dog, or anything in between is up to you. And of course "canine" includes things like foxes and wolves as well; I'm open to any suggestions. May also include traits of other creatures- it doesn't have to be 100% canine, as long as there is at least some doggo in there.)
...is connected to snow/winter (possibly winter holidays as well but this isn't required.)
...is generally a light-hearted character (doesn't have to be 100% sunshine and rainbows, but I don't want anything too dark or grim for this character.)
If you know what I was referencing when I mentioned the "snowy area with pettable dogs", then you probably have a good idea of the general vibe I'm looking for this character to have. And if you don't know what I'm referencing, that's okay haha- this character isn't meant to belong to that world, just to embody some of its charms. (I'm not mentioning it by name because I'm unnecessarily cryptic like that.)
Aaand that's it! Suggest away!
I pictured a Great Pyrenees and a Samoyed in my head when I thought of the words "snow doggo". Those could be good breeds to reach for for inspiration! Saint Bernards are also great in the snow. I think either feral or anthro could work for this!

Perhaps your doggo works at a ski lodge or other winter resort? They can be very welcoming and happy to have a good time with guests!
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm picturing a quadrupedal doggy who is sapient and wears clothes! Not sure how it puts them on. XD But something along the lines of the Steamforged Dungeons and Doggies minis. https://steamforged.com/products/animal-adventures-dungeons-and-doggies-volume-1

Seconding the idea of a St. Bernard! :D
OH! What about a saint Bernard from the high Himalayas who studied with monks? He got swept away from his family in a landslide and grew up with a group of monks, but struck out on his own eventually and is a traveller and a peddler of funny stories and blind affection. He is so incredibly pure of heart that even the most sadistic, wrathful demons will invite him in for a cup of tea and a snack if he asks. Just a really happy, fluffy boi with a heart of gold.
Ultimate.Gaymer Topic Starter

Got some great ideas so far! Hopefully people keep 'em coming- I love reading what you all come up with. :] Either way, I'm excited for this character!
I don't know why, but my brain went straight to "friendly werewolf" for your character! Where the werewolf in question is more quadrupedal in nature. Perhaps he's even just a large, dark wolf that people initially mistake for a monster because of how intimidating his massive silhouette is amidst the flurry of snow. Or perhaps, the wolf is more like a spirit creature? It's aura could radiate warmth not only to keep weary souls warm, but to lift their spirits when they're feeling down. <3

Whilst generally thought of as extremely dangerous and avoidable, there has been folk tales circulating in the frozen north of a wolf-like creature that has shown itself to lost travellers who have been stuck out in the freezing cold.
Much like the Alpine rescue work of the St. Bernard dog, the wolf will keep a lost traveller warm, and help guide them back to town.

It's also been seen playing games of tag with young villagers in the winter, when the days are short and mostly dark, bringing them joy. Supposedly, if the creature is caught, they're bestowed a boon of some sort.

There's so many options for this good doggo, I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

EarlyGrey wrote:
I don't know why, but my brain went straight to "friendly werewolf" for your character! Where the werewolf in question is more quadrupedal in nature. Perhaps he's even just a large, dark wolf that people initially mistake for a monster because of how intimidating his massive silhouette is amidst the flurry of snow. Or perhaps, the wolf is more like a spirit creature? It's aura could radiate warmth not only to keep weary souls warm, but to lift their spirits when they're feeling down. <3

Whilst generally thought of as extremely dangerous and avoidable, there has been folk tales circulating in the frozen north of a wolf-like creature that has shown itself to lost travellers who have been stuck out in the freezing cold.
Much like the Alpine rescue work of the St. Bernard dog, the wolf will keep a lost traveller warm, and help guide them back to town.

It's also been seen playing games of tag with young villagers in the winter, when the days are short and mostly dark, bringing them joy. Supposedly, if the creature is caught, they're bestowed a boon of some sort.

There's so many options for this good doggo, I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)
This has pretty much provided the last puzzle piece I needed to establish the character's backstory. :D I had somewhat of an idea for what I wanted to do based on other peoples' replies, but this made it all come together, so thank you!
The character's coming along smoothly in my head, though the only thing I'll reveal for now is that I have incorporated something from every person's reply so far into the backstory. And of course I'm still happy to hear any other suggestions people might have! Especially for smaller things, like appearance details, clothes, personality quirks, and random miscellaneous trivia.

So, the character themself is complete, and the profile is more than halfway there, but I don't have the energy or motivation to work on it right now so... I'll get there eventually.
JC Lowen (played by Ultimate.Gaymer) Topic Starter

Here they are! I love the character, though I think this is.. not my best-written profile. Anyway, thank you for your ideas, everyone! :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Snow Doggo

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus