Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Modern Vampire

Claine Moderator

Hello :D

I've been considering making a modern day vampire. These are the basics of how I picture the character:

Suitable for a modern day or recent historical (Say, 70s onwards) setting.
Works as a pizza delivery driver
Pretty low social standing in both the human and vampire world.

The kind of things I'm interested in developing is:
How/When they were turned
Who their sire is and what is relationship is with them?
How they feed? How do they aquire blood? Do they attempt to do it ethically?
Hmm. . . maybe they're non-binary (they/them) and they turned in their late twenties. And they were turned by. . . a customer that ordered pizza! (Dun dun dunnnn!) And maybe they knew the customer personally before they ordered.

Perhaps the one that turned them helps supply them with blood. Or they're friends with someone else who's their supplier. Their supplier could maybe work for a blood donation center as a phlebotomist or technician?
I think Samiakki was onto something with the nonbinary and have a supplier for blood. What if she belongs to a (please pardon the term, this best describes what I'm thinking)Sorority/Fraternity of college-age vampires? One of them could be a morgue worker, and they save all the blood that they get from the preparation process of their job for the group to feed on?

And of course they need to have a super bubbly personality. That's a big thing for me lol. I rarely see super friendly vampires, I think it would be good to have one.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Maybe they were turned pretty recently (I love Samiakki's idea that it was a pizza customer who turned them) and so they're still trying to figure this whole vampire thing out. They're mildly annoyed by it more than anything else. "Ugh, how am I supposed to put on makeup without a mirror?" "God, I miss garlic bread so much D:"

Their sire has been a vamp for centuries and never really got the hang of keeping up with the times, so they always seem to be a few decades out of date. Your character insists on dragging them into the 21st century. Overall, maybe a vibe like this Key and Peele skit XD (Some strong language, but it's bleeped out :3)

Random: I see them as a big gum chewer, even now that they've been turned, and they often accidentally bite their lip.
The pizza delivery chain business is just a cover for a bigger scheme, run by outcast vampires that want a revolution, and they have been building a small "army". The boss is not the one who turned your character, but a vampire lady who works as one of his lackeys. Nonetheless, everyone belongs to him and fears him. The majority of the vampire members are newly-turned, poor people, alcoholics, drug abusers etc. The boss and a few members are very old vampires.

Your character has an older sibling, who was turned as well. Their mother died when they were both very young. They didn't have a father, not that they knew of. Their mother's sister took them in, but she was poor and drank all the time, and beat them sometimes, or then her boyfriend did. One day when their aunt was at work, the boyfriend was going to invite friends over and do unspeakable things to the older sibling. He locked y/c in the small basement. In the meantime, the pizza delivery arrived while y/c was locked up. There was a lot of noise upstairs and y/c had been beating against the basement door all this time until it broke open. When they managed to run to the living room, their aunt's boyfriend and his friends were all dead, and the older sibling was sucking the blood from his neck while accompanied by a woman in her thirties (vampire lady). Y/c was terrified, and when they were spotted by the vampire, y/c was turned too.

The vampire lady brought them both back to one of the pizza shops, where they got to work for the boss, while living underneath the vampire lady who turned them. But their lives aren't all that better. The lady vamp also beats them sometimes, especially if they don't do as they're told. The older sibling doesn't walk out of line, but y/c is the one who gets them both into trouble.

In the beginning, they were fed by the vampire lady, until it became up to themselves after a few months. They often feed on their costumers and y/c, mostly, steals from other members of the vampire group.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Modern Vampire

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus