Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Horror

Hello!

I love horror characters and I have a few I've played over the years, but none of them are striking my fancy right now.

Things I would like:
1. Mouth sewn shut, or other mouth related horror
2. Some sort of companion
What jumps to mind is a large, lanky & lolloping creature. Invisible unless certain circumstances cause you to see it, it is practically silent. Strings of flesh grow across the monster's mouth, causing what was once a single mouth to appear as a disjointed array of small irregular holes (triggering to trypophobia).

As it breathes and moves, the sound is near-identical to the rustling of branches in the wind, causing an eerie calm in its wake.

One of the rare cases who can see the beast is an elderly man; an old hermit who until meeting the creature has kept to himself. He mutters to it in a crooning voice just like one would do with a cat, for he is a lonely soul who has no remaining friends or family, and has started reaching out more and exploring local villages. Most people assume he is just showing signs of dementia, however the monstrous entity is evidently using him to select a target.
What if the companion is the one responsible for sewing the mouth shut of the char and is the true dominant char? It could be something beyond adorable and innocent looking, even appearing like it wants to help the poor soul and others yet it's motives are beyond sinister. Perhaps it loves collecting others for fun or maybe it's more like a parasite, feeding off the soul, emotion, or actual body of the other in some way?

The one with the mouth sewn shut could perhaps be aware of the situation and try to warn others away before they suffer at this companion yet is unable to. Alternatively, maybe they've actually come to love their companion and ends up becoming apart of the snare, comforting those the companion snags, believing it's beneficial to all?
Alright. Here's my dumb two cents. I think this is sort of in line with the others... but...

Let's start with cute, because I KNOW YOU LOVE CUTE. She's so cute.

What if she's made of bugs, and she's sewn shut to keep the bugs in? I guess this is also sort of her companion. She either wants to protect you from them, is afraid you won't accept her if you see them, or she's angry and wants them to eat you alive. They come out of other orifices when she's upset, like her ears or her tear ducts. The idea of someone being totally made of a buzzing swarm has always creeped me out, especially if I don't know about it. (Like if someone unzips their face and, wow!, they're made of flies.) Maybe she sews her mouth shut daily the way morticians do, so that it cannot be seen, and just pretends to be selectively mute or horrifically shy. The bugs can be pretty, or not. I'm thinking shiny beetles or a combination of beetles and butterflies because they actually love corpses, fun fact. Maybe some massive centipedes thrown in there. It would be great horrible if she ate in a different way than other people, like releasing them all to feast on festering meat. Maybe she collects them, categorizes them in a museum, makes art from them, or otherwise makes a living off of them. She's just like everyone else, really! The fact that she's really a skin sack made of bugs in a sun dress is just her awful secret.

EDIT: There was a monster named Pestilence in Uncanny X-Men who was made of bugs and SHE WAS TERRIFYING. So, here's what I'm picturing happens when her mouth opens slash comes unsewn. UH... under a collapse...
please don't click if bugs and body horror scare you!!!
pestilence-ichisumi-apocalypse-uncanny-x-force.jpg
Cacophony Topic Starter

From EarlyGrey I'm taking the old man as a companion.
From LunarValravn I will be taking the old man collecting people and things.
From Winplaceshow I'm going to take cute, for sure. I love the ideas of bugs but not beetles because I have a huge phobia of them, but butterflies is good. Very good. Love eating with the swarm.

Yes, good. Good. Things are coming together.
Cacophony Topic Starter

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Horror

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus